Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
mb2u
Enthusiast
mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Touch and Mini
Doesn't remember where I left off in the book?

I've used several ereaders (Sony and Kindles) and always when I reopen a book I'm at the same place a left off. On my Kobo Touch this works in ePub but not with Txt files. I've been using txt more recently because they are so wonderfully fast and efficient and they seem to be the best way to read PDF's. (Select all text in the PDF and copy and paste to a Txt document.) PDF conversion with Calibre was a disaster resulting in blocks of text missing throughout the document. And most PDF's are impossible to read on a 6" screen.

I should mention that it does stay at the same place when it sleeps but not when it powers down.

I'm using Software Version 2.5.2 (403dd7d861, 5/7/13)
Guess that means it was updated on July 5th, 2013.

Last edited by mb2u; 07-19-2013 at 11:24 AM.
mb2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Home screen top left corner touch 3 line icon. On pop up box select settings. Settings screen select Sleep and power. Now on power setting select Automatically power off after, Never. Problem solved but now you reader might have a little shorter battery life because it will never power off. If your reader was powering off after 5 minutes your battery life might now be longer. Reader uses max power coming out of power off but uses almost no power while off. In Sleep mode it uses a little power retaining stuff in RAM and a little more power coming out of sleep. I will guess little more power than it takes to turn a page. Sleep just prevents accidental page turns during sleep.

Disable Auto WIFI connect also saves battery life but prevents auto download of news papers.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
"last place", bookmark, bookmarks, touch