Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 03:02 AM   #586
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHaze View Post
What fonts are people using on their Aura HDs? I generally like a sans serif but it seems a waist on a screen with this kind of DPI. I'm trying to find something comfortable yet pretty.
I've made Amasis my standard.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #587
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
What fonts are people using on their Aura HDs? I generally like a sans serif but it seems a waist on a screen with this kind of DPI. I'm trying to find something comfortable yet pretty.
Georgia for everything
glos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #588
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Dang, I didn't move fast enough First noticeable result of Amazon's big announcement: a competing reader sells out
Try this site

http://www.greenapplebooks.com/product/kobo-aura-hd
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #589
konrad white
Enthusiast
konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS 950, Onyx M92, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
The best for me is Dosis font.
konrad white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #590
guitarchitect
guitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud of

Device: kobo aura hd... maybe
For me, it's Scala, the serif version.
guitarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #591
konrad white
Enthusiast
konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS 950, Onyx M92, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Something is messed up with your refresh. I would contact Kobo to get it fixed under warranty.
Before I send to the service I want check if the problem does't depend on the level of battery charge or on a particular ebook.
konrad white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #592
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yeah, tried that and now I wish I hadn't (involuntary back-order).

"Hi Waba,
Thanks for your order! We have requested your item from our distributor warehouse, and we will let you know when it arrives in the bookstore. We will ship out your order at that time. Feel free to contact us with any questions. Thank you for shopping at Greenlight Bookstore and have a great day!

Best,
Greenlight Bookstore
(718) 246-0200"
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #593
alexvi
alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, Kobo Aura HD :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
+1

Thanks, this is where I end up getting mine last night, and it was shipped already Although, when I called them to check the status of the order, it didn't sound like they have that many in stock, so make sure you guys call in before placing your order.
alexvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #594
alexvi
alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'alexvi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waba View Post
Yeah, tried that and now I wish I hadn't (involuntary back-order).

"Hi Waba,
Thanks for your order! We have requested your item from our distributor warehouse, and we will let you know when it arrives in the bookstore. We will ship out your order at that time. Feel free to contact us with any questions. Thank you for shopping at Greenlight Bookstore and have a great day!

Best,
Greenlight Bookstore
(718) 246-0200"
You are referring to a Greenlight Bookstore (New York) from the link I posted earlier. I placed my order there too, and got similar message. You have an option to cancel the order by calling them, just like I did yesterday

On other hand, GreenApple Bookstore (California) did have some in stock and they already shipped mine (see message above this one for more details), but to be safe call them in first before placing order - I got an impression that they only have a few of them left when I called them earlier today.

I know, these links looks so similar due to the fact they both starting with "Green" and url structure is identical as well. But these are in fact 2 different companies ( I specifically asked Greenlight employee about it).

Good luck in hunting down you Aura HD

P.S: Kobo better restock these fast — the demand is heating up
Old 09-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #595
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

thanks alexvi, I'll try apple!

Aura also charged me right away, despite it being a backorder.

update from Apple:
"Order status: Processing

Order comment:
Hi Waba, we will have the aura back in stock in about a week. I will let you know when it ships. Thanks, Nick

Browse to the following page to login to your account and view your order details:
https://www.greenapplebooks.com/user

Thanks again,
Green Apple Books
REAL {books, people, local}"

They also charged my card right away... Grr.

Last edited by Waba; 09-10-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #596
alexvi

Looks like everyone is out of stock now

In regards to credit card charges, the one from GreenLight is already off my statement (actually, it was not a charge but rather an authorization).

As for GreenApple, did you call them to check the stock prior placing an order like I was suggesting? They were really low on stock when I called them 2 days ago.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #597
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
While everyone's waiting, perhaps we can all meet to discuss font choices at Sam's Serif.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #598
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Dang, I didn't move fast enough First noticeable result of Amazon's big announcement: a competing reader sells out
Take a look at the Harvard bookstore.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #599
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
In France they will be back in stock early October. Maybe that will be the same in the USA
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #600
Waba
Groupie

GreenApple ended up calling me saying the were OOS and were expecting more in 3 weeks or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvi View Post
As for GreenApple, did you call them to check the stock prior placing an order like I was suggesting? They were really low on stock when I called them 2 days ago.
No, phones are just so much work in the internet age! But my laziness is starting to tie up the better part of a grand on my CC, so I will start calling if Harvard falls through.

Placed another order with Harvard, so I have 3 open orders. Who will win?

Last edited by Waba; 09-12-2013 at 11:56 AM.