Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-08-2004, 05:42 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Ebook sales are (finally) increasing

According to Open eBook Forum, the sales of ebooks have increased by 46% this year compared to the same time last year.

"This quarter eBooks have hit a new high mark for sales," stated Open eBook Forum President Steve Potash. "eBooks represent the fastest growing segment of the publishing industry," he added.

I guess that is good news for all us ebooks lovers!
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:15 PM   #2
gyffes
Enthusiast
gyffes is on a distinguished road

Device: eMate!!! oh, and an NX-60
With over 100 novels on my memory stick, I'm doing my part!
gyffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2004, 02:55 AM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
100 novels? How long does it take you to read that many books

I've like 5 novels (targeted for my next summer vacation) on my memory stick, plus a couple of IT books and IT-related web pages.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
gyffes
Enthusiast
gyffes is on a distinguished road

Device: eMate!!! oh, and an NX-60
Oh, I've read.. a third of them, maybe. I'm one of those sods who'll read 15 books at a time, picking up one for awhile and then starting another 'cause I don't want to walk to the next room to get the first.. Now that they're in one place, it's more a testament to whim.. "I feel like some scifi... how 'bout a bit of fantasty?... Ah! A Whodunnit!" etc. What's lovely about eBook format (I favor Mobipocket -- I love reading landscaped) is there's no worry about losing/looking for bookmarks. And I can read in bed w/o bothering my wife.

AND... she doesn't have to deal with stacks of half-read books all over the place!
gyffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:13 AM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm a book addict too, and always have one or two on the back burner...that's why I _love_ ebooks and reading on my ipaq or clie (though the ipaq sees most use these days).

There are some books that just live on the storage card, no matter how long it takes to re-read them - anything by Tolkien, the Harry Potter series, etc

I still love isilo as a reader, but use eReader (formerly palm reader) if I must, or uBook for PPC (which is my favourite - reads text, doc/pdb, rtf and html files compressed in zip format, is very configurable, and is free!
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert