Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #16
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
I have gray covers on AMAZON books, so I'm thinking no.
Really?? The cover problem on pdocs is a common gripe but I did not realize Amazon books are a problem -- they are fine on my Fire. One other odd cover-related problem started after the 6.3.0 update with one of my periodical subscriptions. When a new issue is available, and downloads automatically, the cover appears normally under "newsstand" but the dreaded gray cover displays on the carousel. Then something really strange occurs. 48 hours after the new issue appears, with no intervention from me, the cover suddenly appears normally on the carousel and all is well. A very strange bug indeed. This has occurred for the last two issues following the 6.3.0 update. It will be interesting to see if the problem continues.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #17
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Nope not fixed. Looks like they made it worse. When you clear Kindle Data the books on your carousel disappear and your get blank grey covers now. The grey covers are worse than before. Syncing isn't working correctly with the covers it seems. Even the Kindle Fire manual is now a grey cover.

Took 5 Clear Data tries but got the cover fixed but there is a significant delay on carousel cover creation when the carousel is acting up. A reboot seems to fix it and then remove the grey covers and Clear data again.
Seems to work for me. As soon as I download a Pdoc the cover showed up. Clearing the kindle data causes more problems.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #18
Liza59
Liza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: ereader
Went to use my fire this morning and my Parental Controls are on which I did not have before. It now wants a pin number that I have never created to unlock them or reset to factory defaults. Will have to contact CS to see what happened. Going to be very angry if I have to reload all my stuff.
Liza59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #19
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Really?? The cover problem on pdocs is a common gripe but I did not realize Amazon books are a problem -- they are fine on my Fire. One other odd cover-related problem started after the 6.3.0 update with one of my periodical subscriptions. When a new issue is available, and downloads automatically, the cover appears normally under "newsstand" but the dreaded gray cover displays on the carousel. Then something really strange occurs. 48 hours after the new issue appears, with no intervention from me, the cover suddenly appears normally on the carousel and all is well. A very strange bug indeed. This has occurred for the last two issues following the 6.3.0 update. It will be interesting to see if the problem continues.
It did occur after 6.3. I only have Amazon books and have just never tried one of the alternative sites. I don't have Calibre or any of that other stuff. I have no idea what a pdoc is. I was a little surprised to see the gray covers. At first I thought it was just books in the cloud but then I downloaded one and it stayed that way. It seems I have fewer of them since the update yesterday but I never counted them so I don know......

Last edited by beej231; 05-04-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: deranged autocorrect
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #20
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
It's not like Amazon is going to say it fixes the bugs from the last update.
Why not? Everyone else will mention if an update fixes a bug.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #21
Zimmy
Connoisseur
Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Is it just me or is the silk browser really quick now?
I remember thinking it wasn't so special when I first used it.
Now, every site I go to seems to load like it was previously cached, which is what I expected to happen all along.
Zimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #22
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Very welcome improvement to parental controls. Thank you Amazon for listening to us.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Seems to work for me. As soon as I download a Pdoc the cover showed up. Clearing the kindle data causes more problems.
Not working here so little choice in Clearing the Data. I get grey covers and the white ones if I don't on the carousel. The grey covers are on Amazon books and pdocs.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #24
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...urchases-more/

Oh, and I was right again. I should go buy some Facebook stock while I'm at it.
You can see the future, Jessica. Please e-mail the Powerball numbers.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #25
beej231
Addict

Quote:
It did occur after 6.3. I only have Amazon books and have just never tried one of the alternative sites. I don't have Calibre or any of that other stuff. I have no idea what a pdoc is. I was a little surprised to see the gray covers. At first I thought it was just books in the cloud but then I downloaded one and it stayed that way. It seems I have fewer of them since the update yesterday but I never counted them so I don know......
I have two white covers on Amazon books this time (out of 200 or so books). I know there were more prior to the update, I'll go with maybe 6-8. I don't really care about 2 or even 8 white covers. I'm sure if I had 2000 books and a whole bunch were "alternative" books with messed up covers, I'd care. But I am curious as to why it happens.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
Cinderela
Enthusiast
Cinderela began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
That happens with mine, too! I thought I was going crazy! I had a huge problem with covers (as well as files not opening properly on the KF that opened & read perfectly normal on my KB) all the way up to last night. Then, today *poof*, everything is back to normal, WITH NO ACTION FROM ME! This is crazy! A file I read yesterday morning wouldn't open last night and had a grey cover. THE SAME FILE (untouched since my last futile attempt to open last night) displayed and read correctly this afternoon!

Quote:
I have two white covers on Amazon books this time (out of 200 or so books). I know there were more prior to the update, I'll go with maybe 6-8. I don't really care about 2 or even 8 white covers. I'm sure if I had 2000 books and a whole bunch were "alternative" books with messed up covers, I'd care. But I am curious as to why it happens.
Ditto. Since I'm one of those that has close to 2,000 books, I need to know what has caused this problem and how to correct it in the future.
Cinderela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderela View Post
That happens with mine, too! I thought I was going crazy! I had a huge problem with covers (as well as files not opening properly on the KF that opened & read perfectly normal on my KB) all the way up to last night. Then, today *poof*, everything is back to normal, WITH NO ACTION FROM ME! This is crazy! A file I read yesterday morning wouldn't open last night and had a grey cover. THE SAME FILE (untouched since my last futile attempt to open last night) displayed and read correctly this afternoon!

Ditto. Since I'm one of those that has close to 2,000 books, I need to know what has caused this problem and how to correct it in the future.
I've no clue but when I sync last night after the update. All my carousel covers went gray. I had to clear the Kindle Data a few times to get them back.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #28
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I had one Amazon eBook come up with a white cover showing in the Carousel in the firmware upgrade. I just deleted it from the Carousel.

If I do a shut down, some covers in the Carousel turn white. Again, just deleting them from the Carousel corrects the problem.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #29
Cinderela
Enthusiast
Cinderela began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've no clue but when I sync last night after the update. All my carousel covers went gray. I had to clear the Kindle Data a few times to get them back.
Weird! You lost your covers and I got mine back!

UPDATE: Back to the "sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't" status on some books. The plus side is I still have all the covers!
Cinderela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #30
beej231
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I had one Amazon eBook come up with a white cover showing in the Carousel in the firmware upgrade. I just deleted it from the Carousel.

If I do a shut down, some covers in the Carousel turn white. Again, just deleting them from the Carousel corrects the problem.
I have 1 on the carousel and 1 in the cloud. Shutting down does nothing for me.