Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #16
khromov
Connoisseur
khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Zell View Post
HI, i.m noob, the only thing that i do is put this file on the root directory and update or the kindle must be with jailbreak?
Sorry for my english, i´m spanish.
You have to install Jailbreak first, and then this afterwards.
khromov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #17
humandroid
Connoisseur
humandroid began at the beginning.

This is exactly what I needed.
Thanks a million!
humandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by khromov View Post
Just tried this out on a Kindle 3 Wifi v3.1 and it works great! Thank you!
This doesn't work for me, and I'm using a Kindle 3G US, with v.3.3 firmware. I keep getting an 'update not successful' message whenever I try.

Does anybody know what might be causing the error?
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
humandroid
Connoisseur

I have the DXG with 2.5.8
Maybe proDOOMman needs to update the hack for for 3.3
Old 01-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #20
proDOOMman
Enthusiast
proDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3
It works normally on 3.3
proDOOMman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
humandroid
Connoisseur

Maybe inameiname did not Jailbreak first?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #22
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humandroid View Post
Maybe inameiname did not Jailbreak first?
Hmmm, well IDK then as I do have Jailbreak installed.

What I have on my Kindle now is the following, and I installed them in this order (all work):

Code:
Hacks
	Duokan Lite (Kindle's alternate OS) (must do BEFORE Jailbreaking)
	Jailbreak
	After Jailbreaking
		Font Hack
		USBNetwork Hack
		Usertts Hack
		Launchpad Hack
			Launchpad-Required Hacks (Custom SS Hack):
Would any of these mess with this hack?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #23
proDOOMman
Enthusiast
proDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheese

May be your Jailbreak is whitelist-based?
Try to add line "update_picture-fullscreen" into file linkjail/etc/whitelist
Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by proDOOMman View Post
May be your Jailbreak is whitelist-based?
Try to add line "update_picture-fullscreen" into file linkjail/etc/whitelist
Oh right. I never thought to do that. I have always used the latest release of Jailbreak, 0.10.N at the moment, and so far all of the hacks I do are on the whitelist.

Anyway, thank you for the suggestion, and I will be sure to let you know if that resolved things (which it should).

On a side note, I wish there was an easy way to combine all of these Post-Jailbreak Hacks all in one install.bin file. That'd make this so much easier for those of us who like several of them. :P

EDIT: Okay, after doing what you suggested, it was able to install.

Although, when flipping between photos (such as in a 'Pictures.zip' file) on the Kindle 3, it seems to miss refreshing the screen for a lot more of them ever since the hack? I just didn't notice so many with half the picture from the last photo in the current one. Ultimately, I have to press 'F' to 'refresh' things, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Last edited by inameiname; 01-06-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #25
poulsen93
poulsen93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi proDOOMman, if I send you my PictureViewer.jar from my kindle 4, is there a chance that you might take a look at it and see if you can do you magic?

Thanks

Edit:
Just added the PictureViewer.jar from my kindle 4.
Attached Files
File Type: gz PictureViewer.tar.gz (48.3 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by poulsen93; 01-12-2012 at 08:20 AM.
poulsen93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
proDOOMman
Enthusiast

Sorry poulsen93, but I'm too busy for this.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #27
captainreuben
captainreuben began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Smile

I'm willing to give it a shot, since proDOOMman's out.

Whilst I'm no Java expert, I want to be able to figure out how to fix this for Kindle 4 NT. I've pulled apart PictureViewer with JAD and I can't find g.class (as mentioned previously by proDOOMman). Now I guess I'll have to figure out how to use Javassist and identify where the functions are being called from.

I'd say it's fairly convoluted in there, one function per class. I'm guessing that's good obfuscation practice.

Anyone got any knowledge on Javassist, or even recompiling Amazon apps?
captainreuben is offline   Reply With Quote