Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
USA Today coming to the Kindle Dec. 15

From the Amazon Forums:

Quote:
Cheryl Naccarato says:
The following is a response I just received from USA TODAY when I inquired about it for the Kindle.

Thank you for taking the time to write to USA TODAY.

At this time, USA TODAY is slated to be available via Amazon Kindle on
Monday, December 15th. Please continue to check for our availability
via the Amazon Kindle web site.

Sincerely,

USA Today/Sports Weekly
National Customer Service Dept.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
goody
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
USAFSSO
USAFSSO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Please submit a review here when you try it out. I'm sure it will be like all the other papers, just wondering how the specific USA Today content will be like?
USAFSSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
Nomadin
Nomadin began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pro
Has anyone heard any news about this? I have been watching Amazon, but so far there is no indication of USA Today coming to the Kindle.
Nomadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadin View Post
Has anyone heard any news about this? I have been watching Amazon, but so far there is no indication of USA Today coming to the Kindle.
you might try contacting amazon about this and asking them. Bet they have the answer.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
From the Amazon Kindle discussions page........

"" Initial post: Dec 16, 2008 3:41 PM PST
Patrizia says:
Several times I have read that USAToday had responded to consumers that they hoped to have a Kindle version up by Dec 15. Since this did not happen I decided to make a few calls today while sitting in traffic.

I talked to the corporate office in DC and was told that right now any plans to put the paper in a Kindle format have been put on hold for an unspecified amount of time. What that means is anyones guess.

My THEORY, like most papers are having economic issues so I am assuming that is why the plans have been shelved for now, although this was not confirmed by the individuals I spoke to I get the feeling I was not that far off... anyway I wanted to let those of you who were wondering what was happening. ""
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I talked to the corporate office in DC and was told that right now any plans to put the paper in a Kindle format have been put on hold for an unspecified amount of time. What that means is anyones guess.

My THEORY, like most papers are having economic issues so I am assuming that is why the plans have been shelved for now, although this was not confirmed by the individuals I spoke to I get the feeling I was not that far off... anyway I wanted to let those of you who were wondering what was happening. ""
Yes, because traditional print media is doing so well they should limit their circulation to the format that is the reason they are loosing circulation.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
rawlus
rawlus doesn't litterrawlus doesn't litter

Device: bookeen cybook
the paper doesn't make $ off circulation, they make it off advertising. an e-version does little to increase ad revenue while adding bottomline costs in personnel and resources.
rawlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlus View Post
the paper doesn't make $ off circulation, they make it off advertising. an e-version does little to increase ad revenue while adding bottomline costs in personnel and resources.
Understood. But, advertising rates are based on circulation numbers. So, if circulation numbers fall so do ad rates. Then again, my understanding is that the Kindle editions are ad free. So, that must be a different type of revenue stream for them.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #10
xdalaw
xdalaw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, K1, K2, K3 wifi keyboard, EVO 4G
I guess it is coming afterall. Free issue tomorrow, and then I assume available for subscription.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...7180_fe_txt_1/

Last edited by xdalaw; 12-26-2008 at 06:50 AM.
xdalaw is offline   Reply With Quote