Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #1456
mr_mahermahey
mr_mahermahey began at the beginning.

Device: m92, sony 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettix View Post
1)
As far as I know every vendor except for https://www.onyx-boox.com/ sells an boox m92 ereader which is compatible with booxtors firmware. So that's the first argument to try booxtors firmware
my m92 is from onyx-boox.com and i've been using booxtors firmware updates since shortly after I got it, no real problem. vague memory of one update being tetchy is all
mr_mahermahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #1457
mr_mahermahey
mr_mahermahey began at the beginning.

Device: m92, sony 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mahermahey View Post
my m92 is from onyx-boox.com and i've been using booxtors firmware updates since shortly after I got it, no real problem. vague memory of one update being tetchy is all
argh, hyphen threw me off... mine was from onyxboox not onyx-boox so.... Nevermind!
mr_mahermahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #1458
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilmos View Post
There are plenty of such calculators on the net.
I have stripped down one of them.
Unfortunately the display is not very fast
(it should be optimized for eink).
Thanks ! It's workin
If you have other calculators, I will be happy to test them.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #1459
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
The M92 optimized complex vaCalculator is excellent, i used it often to visualize thru plot-function some mathematical issues i read in PDF-Mathematic Books. And with Booxtor's Multitasking Manager it is easy to switch between PDF-Book and vaCalculator.

Last edited by Dolansky; 06-10-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #1460
Maximiliane
Maximiliane began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hi everyone, I'm a new user of M92 and was wondering whether I have to install the latest update (I got it like one week ago). I downloaded the zip but it appears to have a password? Thanks a bunch.
Maximiliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #1461
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximiliane View Post
Hi everyone, I'm a new user of M92 and was wondering whether I have to install the latest update (I got it like one week ago). I downloaded the zip but it appears to have a password? Thanks a bunch.
You don't need to extract the contents of zip, so no need of password.

Check the change log of updates to know if you have the latest version or not. Also there are two patches for multitasking, which isn't included in the latest update, you can check that too
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #1462
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Read the first post of this read to install an update.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #1463
labyrinth9
labyrinth9 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Booxster, I have a question! Is it possible to install WPA2 Enterprise on M92?

- Jason
labyrinth9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #1464
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I installed the update from

https://onyx-boox.com/support/firmware/

it upated it but after the reboot it freezes on the last black 'brick' start screen. If I remove the SDCard and reboot it (with reset and power) it freezes.

Any idea what to do? Is there a recovery mode where I can completely reflash the system? Any other ideas?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #1465
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I installed the update from

https://onyx-boox.com/support/firmware/

it upated it but after the reboot it freezes on the last black 'brick' start screen. If I remove the SDCard and reboot it (with reset and power) it freezes.

Any idea what to do? Is there a recovery mode where I can completely reflash the system? Any other ideas?
Updates from onyx-boox.com (artactech) are for ereaders purchased from them.
Updates given here work on devices from http://ereader-store.de/ or other distribution channels. I guess you already know this but check if the problem is due to wrong firmware.
Check this post if it is of any help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=10
Old 07-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #1466
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
The last update dates at 2013.04.29 but it doesn't contain many announced features and is mainly a collection of bug fixes.

Is there any tentative schedule about the release of the next firmware with the anticipated features?

Thanks.
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:23 AM   #1467
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
Updates from onyx-boox.com (artactech) are for ereaders purchased from them.
Updates given here work on devices from http://ereader-store.de/ or other distribution channels. I guess you already know this but check if the problem is due to wrong firmware.
Check this post if it is of any help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=10
If I press the Joystick button on reboot it says:

No update found booting ... and after some seconds it freezes.

Maybe because I already have installed this update? Is there a way to a forced downgrade? Or a newer beta firmware to install it over.

Last edited by joblack; 07-09-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #1468
Feher
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
If I press the Joystick button on reboot it says:

No update found booting ... and after some seconds it freezes.

Maybe because I already have installed this update? Is there a way to a forced downgrade? Or a newer beta firmware to install it over.
I have very little experience with troubleshooting.
I just remembered this post regarding emergency firmware and directed you to that. I first read about this emergency firmware at Lectores Forum and i have attached the screen shot.

I hope somebody else replies to your query or you should make a new topic in the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	translate.googleusercontent.com screen capture 2013-2-1-5-4-26.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	425.7 KB
ID:	107929  
Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #1469
joblack
Wizard

Thanks, with the help of a program called mfgtools and the guy from the EReader Store I could reflash and revive my device.

Kudos to their support.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #1470
Gagarin Gambit
Gagarin Gambit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD
Can a moderator please stick this thread? There's a firmware update available, which is easily missed among dozens of threads.
Gagarin Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote