Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Question HTML5/CSS3 support in Sigil 7/Qt 5

Since Sigil 7.x is based on Qt 5, I assumed that it supports HTML5/CSS3 to the extent that it's supported by Webkit.
However, it seems that the unicode-range descriptor is being ignored by Sigil 7/Qt 5.

I used the following styles:

Code:
@font-face {
    font-family: myFirstFont;
    src: url(../Fonts/WallauRundgotisch-Heavy.ttf);
    unicode-range: U+41-5A;
}

div {
    font-family: myFirstFont;
}
which should apply the embedded blackletter font only to uppercase letters in the div section. However, in Book View, all letters were displayed in the blackletter font. Is this another Qt issue or is this behavior by design?
(Since my old Kindle 3 applied the embedded font correctly, I assume that the styles are OK.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	104804  
Attached Files
File Type: epub unicode_range.epub (29.5 KB, 261 views)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Ahhh...I found it!

In the top left you can see it's labeled CCS3 Test...when in fact it should be CSS3 Test!

Seriously though, I didn't even realize there was a unicode range option, so that is really cool. I hope this gets figured out, I could use an option like that!

Cheers!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert