Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Digital membership to Singapore Public Library

Is anyone here a member of the Singapore Public Library, or have experience registering for membership? I signed up as a "Foreigner without FIN" last night and I have yet to get a confirmation email. Does it usually take a few days for them to get back to you? I'm wondering if something is wrong or if I should just sit tight and wait
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update: I mistakenly thought I was supposed to get a confirmation email with a FIN code; apparently my passport # is the FIN code which I use, along with my username, to access my account. So all this time I was fretting, my account was ready from last night and I never knew
Old 01-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Could you give us some more information, this sounds like a good deal...err I think
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
Loosheesh
Wizard

Hi Mortis,

I found about the Singapore Public Library right here on MobileRead (widely accessible libraries). You should probably read the whole thing; it's quite helpful and informative. The Singapore library is here. Sign up is very simple and free.

You can also check out the Free Library of Philadelphia; there's an application form to fill out and an annual fee of $15.00. My application is being processed and I hope to hear from them by the end of the week.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Hi Mortis,

I found about the Singapore Public Library right here on MobileRead (widely accessible libraries). You should probably read the whole thing; it's quite helpful and informative. The Singapore library is here. Sign up is very simple and free.

You can also check out the Free Library of Philadelphia; there's an application form to fill out and an annual fee of $15.00. My application is being processed and I hope to hear from them by the end of the week.
Thanks for the fast reply, are you in Singapore?

Cheers
Old 01-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
Loosheesh
Wizard

No, I'm not in Singapore; I'm between 2 locations presently, so I'll just say I'm in the 'Americas'
Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Ahh ok, when I asked I hadn't been to the NLB Singapore site, so didn't realise that I didn't really have to be in Singapore. I'm in Malaysia, really about 400 KM from Singapore

Thanks again
Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I don't know how I feel about using my passport number as a membership number
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Umm Kindlekitten, I know you are an honest person, but well umm lie I didn't, but I may be in Singapore in a few weeks, so you never know
Old 01-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

When I finished signing in it did say I would receive an email with my log in? I haven't yet, but I'll give it awhile.

Thanks Again
Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Umm Kindlekitten, I know you are an honest person, but well umm lie I didn't, but I may be in Singapore in a few weeks, so you never know
I don't have an issue with that, I have an issue with using the passport number for security reasons
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I don't know how I feel about using my passport number as a membership number
My passport # is just numerals and they don't ask you for country of residence, so I'm not worried on that end. I think you can probably use any string of #s anyway 'cause it's not like they can verify whether this is actually your passport #
Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
When I finished signing in it did say I would receive an email with my log in? I haven't yet, but I'll give it awhile.

Thanks Again
Your account should be ready right away - try signing in with the number you used and your username. I was waiting on a confirmation email which never came (which is why I started this thread ).
Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

I didn't lie only because I go to Singapore quite a few times a year and this is the National Library, I would hate to find out that they made a cross reference, as unlikely as that is. So unless you'll be in Singapore soon, I don't think its an issue to just make up a number.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #15
moyeen
Banned
moyeen doesn't littermoyeen doesn't littermoyeen doesn't litter

Device: none
Is anyone here a member of the Singapore Public Library, or have experience registering for membership?

Last edited by moyeen; 01-23-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: thanks
moyeen is offline   Reply With Quote