Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #31
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
They've had lawsuits over the K2 cases because of this. The K3 case may be different, I don't know.
I can see that it could happen (or something breaking) with my kindle case w/light for the K3
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #32
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Unhappy My Kindle2US

well....I found a interesting way to destroy my Kindle. I was on vacation and forgot to charge it and the screen burned in the image of the dead battery symbol.

Now I have a Kindle 2 US way out of warranty that is unreadable!

hopefully no one else has that happen to them!
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 09:08 PM   #33
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovare View Post
Wouldn't damage from condensation inside the bag be more likely than the device taking injury from a small splash of water?
I've never had issues with condensation.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #34
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
well....I found a interesting way to destroy my Kindle. I was on vacation and forgot to charge it and the screen burned in the image of the dead battery symbol.

Now I have a Kindle 2 US way out of warranty that is unreadable!

hopefully no one else has that happen to them!
Possibly your battery is dead. If you can't charge it then you can replace it yourself. This business sells batteries and has complete instructions for replacement.

You might also try calling Amazon and see if they can help you even if yours is out of warranty.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #35
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Possibly your battery is dead. If you can't charge it then you can replace it yourself. This business sells batteries and has complete instructions for replacement.

You might also try calling Amazon and see if they can help you even if yours is out of warranty.
The Battery came back. The top 3rd of the screen is burned in forever....I thought of trying Amazon but a new screen sounds expensive...
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've always said to use a cover. A sleeve is semi-useless as it only gives protection while the device is in the sleeve. You take out your reader and then say lay it on a table naked and something gets put on top of it, you could get a scratched screen. With a cover, you never have a naked device and always have some sort of protection.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #37
alpine
alpine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I accidentally sprayed my K3 with a garden hose while watering the garden the other day, all over the screen and keyboard. I did notice I'd done it and dried it off rapidly! Still seems fine...
alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
The Battery came back. The top 3rd of the screen is burned in forever....I thought of trying Amazon but a new screen sounds expensive...
eInk screens don't suffer from "burn in". Whatever your problem is, that's not it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylsul View Post
Can anyone tell me how fragile the kindle screen is? I don't think it is made of glass, but is it as fragile as glass?
The outer screen is plastic, but below that is a thin layer of glass. This will fracture if you subject your Kindle to any kind of twisting force, or to a hard impact. Treat it with respect.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #40
zebradude
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
eInk screens don't suffer from "burn in". Whatever your problem is, that's not it.
Yep Your right it's not burn-in. The E-Ink issue is that the screen no longer refreshes that part. This has happened to a number of people.

I decided to call Amazon today and since I had the case for it (darn pricey) I was offered a 89.95 refirb K2US same model I took the offer as it seemed fair....
Old 09-17-2010, 02:46 AM   #41
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... how easy is it to damage the kindle ...

Oh, how about taking it to the beach - where damaging salt spray and caustic sand are known causes of killing electronics items?

Ooops - that's where Amazon has us using them in their TV commercials.

Never mind.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote