Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 07:06 PM   #76
Shinytop
Connoisseur
Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Good sense prevailed huh??
Please, keep that away from me!
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:37 PM   #77
gal_amy
Connoisseur
gal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, Kindle HDX, iPhone6, iPhone7, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyyz View Post
I have the Oasis 1 and ordered the Oasis 2 because I liked the sound of the improvements. It was pending shipping but I canceled it because I decided to stop the madness. I haven’t had the Oasis 1.long enough. I can afford to upgrade but it is just too soon.

Ditto here. I like the bigger screen, but not sure if I will like the physical page buttons. I have a PW3 and a good pair of bifocals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
gal_amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #78
athenat
athenat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyyz View Post
I have the Oasis 1 and ordered the Oasis 2 because I liked the sound of the improvements. It was pending shipping but I canceled it because I decided to stop the madness. I haven’t had the Oasis 1.long enough. I can afford to upgrade but it is just too soon.
My good sense still hasn't kicked in...lol. I have the Oasis 1 and I ordered the 2. Just cause of the size. Everything else is just icing on the cake. I will sell the Oasis 1 when I receive the 2. And I already sold 2 PW's I had. So I am at least making up for some of the cost. That's what I told my self and hubby....
athenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #79
ArthurianLegends
Connoisseur
ArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Touch (4rth Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooby View Post
The contrast looks very similar on the two of them. The brightness seems to be a good amount better on the KOA2.

https://imgur.com/7UCYhIk
https://imgur.com/34c8c63
Hmmm...I may be in the minority here, but from these photos, I actually like the Voyage a lot more. The Oasis looks more faded and less white. The font seems richer, darker on the Voyage against a more paper like screen. The difference is very noticeable to these eyes, even from a distance. I know many folks dismissed the differences as to be hardly worth mentioning when I brought up this topic for the previous Oasis contrast. Yet, when reading for long periods of time, the contrast is very important to me—perhaps the most important aspect of any e-reader for me.

I must confess I am a tad bit disappointed: I want to like the new Oasis, but will have to hold one physically in my hand to make a better determination on the Oasis 2, as I really like the features it has in being water proof, audible integration and screen size. But horses for courses and this is merely my personal preference.
ArthurianLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #80
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurianLegends View Post
Hmmm...I may be in the minority here, but from these photos, I actually like the Voyage a lot more. The Oasis looks more faded and less white. The font seems richer, darker on the Voyage against a more paper like screen. The difference is very noticeable to these eyes, even from a distance. I know many folks dismissed the differences as to be hardly worth mentioning when I brought up this topic for the previous Oasis contrast. Yet, when reading for long periods of time, the contrast is very important to me—perhaps the most important aspect of any e-reader for me.

I must confess I am a tad bit disappointed: I want to like the new Oasis, but will have to hold one physically in my hand to make a better determination on the Oasis 2, as I really like the features it has in being water proof, audible integration and screen size. But horses for courses and this is merely my personal preference.
Interesting how different people see things. I didn't order an Oasis 2, but in the pics I think the Oasis screen looks superior to the voyage. To my eyes the Oasis 2 screen looks clean and even, the voyage does not. I also prefer the softer off white color to the starker cooler toned voyage. Much easier on the eyes, imo. I wouldn't let yourself be disappointed solely going by the pics. Wait until you have it and use it first.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #81
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
The Voyage font looks like it has better contrast because it has a heavier bold setting.

Last edited by vrf; 10-30-2017 at 11:03 PM.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:14 PM   #82
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenat View Post
My good sense still hasn't kicked in...lol. I have the Oasis 1 and I ordered the 2. Just cause of the size. Everything else is just icing on the cake. I will sell the Oasis 1 when I receive the 2. And I already sold 2 PW's I had. So I am at least making up for some of the cost. That's what I told my self and hubby....
Does Amazon sell good sense?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:00 PM   #83
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Hmmm...I may be in the minority here, but from these photos, I actually like the Voyage a lot more. The Oasis looks more faded and less white. The font seems richer, darker on the Voyage against a more paper like screen. The difference is very noticeable to these eyes, even from a distance. I know many folks dismissed the differences as to be hardly worth mentioning when I brought up this topic for the previous Oasis contrast. Yet, when reading for long periods of time, the contrast is very important to me—perhaps the most important aspect of any e-reader.
I agree that the voyage looks better. The oasis has a tan background(in my opinion)and looks more like my pw2. I really like the idea of a 7 inch waterproof ereader, but my voyage is very nice and I just don't know if I can justify $250 for a new one.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:47 PM   #84
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:

I agree with you. Based strictly on that photo, I prefer the voyage. Darker text, better contrast. Of course, the useful caveats about photos apply.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:07 AM   #85
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Just received my new KOA2, 32GB, WiFi only,
Purchased and delivered in Japan
Serial No G000SA
Came with firmware 5.9.0.6, I updated it with update offered to 5.9.2
Space available 27.02 GB free (I downloaded only one book from Amazon to check it out)
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:24 AM   #86
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you sideload an mp3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:49 AM   #87
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Can you sideload an mp3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, haven't planned to try that, at least not yet.
But it does look perfect, I must say, at least for now
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:57 AM   #88
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Sorry, haven't planned to try that, at least not yet.

But it does look perfect, I must say, at least for now

I’m going to receive mine tomorrow. Just thought I’d ask in case anyone who already has it has tried.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:46 AM   #89
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Does Amazon sell good sense?
Sell it..? Why, they are giving it away! :- http://amzn.to/2xCUeKc
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:27 AM   #90
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Sony T3, Oasis 2
3g 32gb arrived, a very nice reader indeed,feels like a quality product with the aluminum back, screen is perfect no issues and I can be ocd,audible arrives after 1st update and works well with my bt headphones, I chose the midnight black cover which arrived the same time and it is a really snug light fit,not one for covers, usually remove them but this one is neat, comparisons to the voyage in this thread I've had one and this is better, the fonts and size have sliders so better customization,audible is a real nice touch and i'm listening to a book now whilst I type this,try that on a voyage. I love the larger screen and I've Just carefully without the cover, put it in a basin of water,still listening to mah book! I am much Impressed

Update: out of the water nice and dry no problems !

Last edited by oldhaggis; 10-31-2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: update
oldhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote