Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Android E-ink device that can be bought in the US?

Hi

I am also looking for eink android devices to buy for my ereader needs. Can anyone recommend a recent eink android device that I can buy in the States?

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I don't know of any Android e-ink devices. Android mostly runs on tablets and smartphones.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
geekaren
geek
geekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one hand

Device: Oasis (1&2), Voyage, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini 4
I believe Barnes & Noble nook e-ink devices (Simple Touch, Glowlight) run android in the background. However, you'd have to "root" the device to access android features -- here's one article discussing this -- you can find more similar articles via google or xda-developers.com:
How I turned my Nook into an E-reader Monster

Last edited by geekaren; 12-28-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Added article title to link
geekaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekaren View Post
I believe Barnes & Noble nook e-ink devices (Simple Touch, Glowlight) run android in the background. However, you'd have to "root" the device to access android features -- here's one article discussing this -- you can find more similar articles via google or xda-developers.com:
How I turned my Nook into an E-reader Monster

Hi

That is a good idea, except that they are on the lores side for me. I will see if i can do that wih other ereaders
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote