Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Android gets Annotated PDF application (RepliGo)

Since a lot of folks here don't make it over the the Android forum and often ask for a similar product, I'm cross posting this here.

Please continue the discussion in the android forum (here)

(Note: You must have a rooted nook to use this product)

Cerience just released their latest PDF Reader called RepliGo.

Their new product now supports PDF annotation. I've tested reading the annotations made on another PDF reader and on a PC and the annotations look great. Also they have enhanced the PDF navigation and it is blazing fast compared to the rest of the PDF readers for the Android platform.

The downside is that the product is buggy and some of their previous features have been removed. Like text-reflow and locked zoom across pages. For reading, navigation, zooming and annotation the product is solid, but it does crash on occasion when doing some of the more corner case usage like deleting comments, and accessing bookmarks with nodes.

* It ends up I was not correct here. Reflow still exist, and the product is not so buggy. The issues are only with the rooted nook. The nook has a defect that makes it near impossible to access the corners. And the crashes only occur on the nook.

I've used Regpligo products back when I had a BlackBerry. Cerience has excellent customer service and are always active in improving their products.

Right now you an buy their product for 50% off (~$2.50)

(BTW I have no affiliation with Cerience, just a happy customer)

Here is a list of new featurtes
Recent changes:
* Full screen document viewing
* Horizontal page and reading view layouts
* Toolbars to access common features
* Support for adding highlights, underlines, cross outs and sticky notes
* Adjustable text selections
* Searching across entire documents
* Night mode
* Intelligent double-tap zooming
* Document hyperlinks
* Tab-based Home screen
* Save attachments to any SD card location
* Improved page loading and rendering
* Support for JBIG2 images
* Move the application to the SD card

RegiGo Market (AppBrain) link..
Attached Images

Last edited by =X=; 01-14-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Updaded link / Updated information
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
bayoubelle
bayoubelle began at the beginning.

Device: none (nook color)
Can the annotations be saved and then transferred to PC?
bayoubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, but there is no special software need to see the notes.

The annotations are embedded on the PDF so any PDF reader can see the notes. (That means that your original PDF will be modified.)

Now if you are interested in stripping out your notes. Hmm there has to be a PDF tool out there that does that.
=X=
Old 01-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #4
Girl Read Write
Literary Goodness
Girl Read Write began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Infuse
I'll buy an ebook in a minute, and I'll buy an iPhone app in a heartbeat, so I can't figure out why I'm so reluctant to purchase Android apps.

I would say I wish the PDF app was free, but then I'd just sound cheap.
Girl Read Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
bayoubelle
bayoubelle began at the beginning.

Device: none (nook color)
I have a rooted NookColor and I purchased RepliGo - I am very excited to use it. I downloaded pdf files to my documents on the nook, but RepliGo can't find them....

Help!
bayoubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard

Make sure you place you PDF books in the SDcard mount "/SDCard". If you don't have an SD Card or don't want to place the PDF there, use a file browser program like "Astro FileManager", "ES File Explorer", or "Root Explorer" to access you internal memory storage. Usually these file manangers will launch a PDF reader when you click on the files.

By default B&N puts the download files in the internal directory like "/media" in my case it's "/media/My Files/My Downloads"

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 02-09-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
Traff
Traff began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
RepliGo is the best PDF reader I've found so far. Others I've tried include:

Adobe: Nice scrolling, a bit slow on the zoom, NO BOOKMARKS
Quickoffice: NO BOOKMARKS
EZPdf: Stupid page-flip animation is slow. NO BOOKMARKS
Aldiko: Hoorah, you can add bookmarks, BUT you can't zoom!!! Major fail...
Vudroid: *laugh* I don't know if it supports bookmarks, or how well it zooms - I tried looking at a PDF magazine and rendering the cover page would still be going if I hadn't aborted. It's slow. But it reads DJVU files, so I still have it loaded...

RepliGo. Page turning is fast. Rendering is fast. Zooming works great. Bookmarks in PDFs are supported, but you can't add your own bookmarks. You can, however, add sticky notes that are indexed and work almost as good as bookmarks. I have had a few problems with zoomed-in pages jumping back to full-page view on their own, but that's no big deal. It's not the perfect PDF viewer, but it's the closest I've seen....
Traff is offline   Reply With Quote