Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-20-2022, 01:15 PM   #1
BradN
BradN began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Download Cover preview image size

Hi,

Is there a way to increase the size of the preview images that display when downloading covers from various sites for selection? I know you can right-click on them to view the full-size image, but this becomes tedious when you have multiple sources.

On my 4k monitor they appear very small.

Thanks!
BradN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 01:46 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sounds like you should increase the size of what's on the screen. The problem is that most 4k monitors are too small to 4k at 100%. Try 125% and if that's still no good, try 150%.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2022, 10:11 PM   #3
BradN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sounds like you should increase the size of what's on the screen. The problem is that most 4k monitors are too small to 4k at 100%. Try 125% and if that's still no good, try 150%.
I do know that is possible, but I used the preferences to increase the size of everything in Calibre such as menu items that was too small, so everything is perfect size and I enjoy the extra resolution.

I was just hoping I was missing somewhere I could adjust an html template for that component or any other preference. The time it takes to download the images indicates it is downloading full-size covers, but the preview size is limited.

If it's not possible, it's not a game killer. It just takes more time to open them each up at full size to see how they look. Calibre is just so customizable that I thought maybe I just couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thanks, I do appreciate the response!
Old 06-20-2022, 10:18 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Have you turned off adjust for high dpi settings in the calibre preferences? Because other wise the cover sizes are independent of screen resolution.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:17 AM   #5
BradN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Have you turned off adjust for high dpi settings in the calibre preferences? Because other wise the cover sizes are independent of screen resolution.
That did it. I just changed it from "no" to "yes," lowered the menu icons size back down in the settings, and now everything looks great—preview covers are a perfect size for viewing the selections.

Thanks everyone for the fantastic support!
Advert