Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 04:46 PM   #586
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
It's in the sticky New Leaf Information and Book Selections, under Selections List.

The July theme is Life's a Beach, Water, Water, Everywhere.
Thank you.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:48 PM   #587
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Nomination + Second -- Decision Time

OK, folks. We've played around for several months now with having a nomination plus a second to get to the voting round. This was proposed as an experimental measure, to be re-evaluated after we'd tried it out. It's now time to decide to either keep that, or go back to a nomination plus 2 "seconds".

I'm not going to post a survey, but simply ask folks to weigh in here with your preference, and the reason(s) for that preference. What do you think?

(And, to be clear, I'm not trying to start a whole long discussion around other alternatives or changes, simply get folks opinions on the narrow question asked. I'll be taking all the input for the rest of the week, and making a decision before posting next month's nomination thread on the theme of Life's a Beach: Water, Water, Everywhere.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2020, 01:42 AM   #588
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Given the current levels of participation I think the new system of nomination of plus one second is proving to be effective.

If participation grows and we start getting 20 or more books through to the vote then perhaps we reconsider.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:00 AM   #589
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Given the current levels of participation I think the new system of nomination of plus one second is proving to be effective.

If participation grows and we start getting 20 or more books through to the vote then perhaps we reconsider.
I agree.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:41 PM   #590
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't want to prejudice others who might want to comment or express a differing opinion. But I do, in general, agree that this is working for our (hopefully temporarily) reduced numbers. I would, however, put the reversion point somewhat lower than gmw has. I'd suggest that no more than 15, and I could argue for 10, fully nominated books to vote on is probably enough.

Oh, and FWIW Jon, I quite like the new avatar.
Advert
Old 05-25-2020, 04:34 PM   #591
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2; Kobo Aura One; iPad Pro 9.7
I’m ok with he new system. No objections from me to keep it going that way.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #592
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Oh, and FWIW Jon, I quite like the new avatar.
Thanks. I recently switched to Thunderbird because Outlook 2016 does not work properly with Gmail. I find Thunderbird to be rather good.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-25-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #593
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I like the new system as well.
Catlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:04 AM   #594
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I think the new system is fine.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:41 PM   #595
CRussel
(he/him/his)

As you can see from this month's nomination thread, I'm sticking with the nomination plus a single second, with each participant granted three "tickets" to be used for any combination of nominations and seconds. The consensus agrees with my take -- it's working well.