Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2022, 01:38 PM   #286
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHughes View Post
I was really happy going back to the smaller form factor when I bought my Clara HD a few months ago. I still love it. Much nicer for travel. It slips easily into my back pocket.
I'm enjoying the small size too. Though it's a front or side pocket for me, not a back one lol.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:55 AM   #287
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I just installed the KoReader with the one-click install package - no problem so far
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2022, 07:04 AM   #288
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle Voyage
I’ve got a decent Clara HD that I keep in my handbag for when out and about. I debating about the Clara 2e. Is it worth the upgrade? Thanks

Last edited by Josieb1; 11-20-2022 at 07:07 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:18 AM   #289
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I’ve got a decent Clara HD that I keep in my handbag for when out and about. I debating about the Clara 2e. Is it worth the upgrade? Thanks
I would probably say not really. It doesn't bring all that much to the table over the Ckara HD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 02:02 PM   #290
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
I'd like to upgrade from the HD to the 2E. But the Clara is my primary reader. For you, it's a backup. I don't think it's worth buying another reader with a bunch of minor upgrades just to use occasionally.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2022, 12:14 AM   #291
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would probably say not really. It doesn't bring all that much to the table over the Ckara HD.
Thank you. I thought that too tbh but was looking for an excuse as I’m not well and a feeling a bit down.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:15 AM   #292
Josieb1
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'd like to upgrade from the HD to the 2E. But the Clara is my primary reader. For you, it's a backup. I don't think it's worth buying another reader with a bunch of minor upgrades just to use occasionally.
Thank you. I thought that too tbh but was looking for an excuse as I’m not well and a feeling a bit down.

Old 11-21-2022, 03:17 AM   #293
Phobo
Phobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Nova Air
Hi,

Is there another way to customize the page turn gesture? I mean I wanna turn next page when I touch either left or right on the screen, originally, it is previous page on the left and next page on the right.
Phobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:14 AM   #294
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobo View Post
Hi,

Is there another way to customize the page turn gesture? I mean I wanna turn next page when I touch either left or right on the screen, originally, it is previous page on the left and next page on the right.
There is a patch for that.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:15 AM   #295
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

I hope you get better soon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 10:03 AM   #296
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Well, if you're looking for someone to play the role of enabler, let me oblige. Just think how nice the sharper text of the Clara 2E will be.

Not to mention there's £20 off this week.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 02:02 PM   #297
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Well, if you're looking for someone to play the role of enabler, let me oblige. Just think how nice the sharper text of the Clara 2E will be.

Not on sale in the US yet.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 02:42 PM   #298
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

And being able to read in the shower.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:30 AM   #299
pacmo
pacmo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara 2E
Only Kobo Audiobooks ?

Can I listen only KOBO audiobooks ? I have many free podcast. Is it possible to copy them to the kobo and listen?
thanks
pacmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:46 PM   #300
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmo View Post
Can I listen only KOBO audiobooks ? I have many free podcast. Is it possible to copy them to the kobo and listen?
thanks
You can play non-Kobo audiobooks but the interface is extremely simple and feature free.

See the https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342747 thread for more information.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote