Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2022, 07:19 AM   #256
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Tolino announced a new reader:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4265572

A 6" reader, with an updated CPU and 1GB of RAM. Does this mean similar specs for the Clara 2E?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:27 AM   #257
Soovee
Soovee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Here's review of the Tolino Shine 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSa_QPOCjEI

Yes, same hardware specs as the 2E, except for the different pattern and logo on the back plastic.
Soovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2022, 01:12 PM   #258
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2 & PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soovee View Post
same hardware specs as the 2E
Absolutely not.

The B300 is the SoC used on the Elipsa & Sage.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 07:58 AM   #259
Soovee
Soovee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well, that makes Shine 4 an interesting option, if it's noticeably faster.
The fact that Clara 2E still uses the same processor as the 2018 model is disappointing.
But I'd like to see a more thorough comparison, including battery life.
Soovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 08:05 AM   #260
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
Ordered black cover from Kobo, the sea green one was unfortunately not available and the orange one is a bit bright.

On Amazon they're listed at £41.53! And temporarily out of stock.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
My cover has already arrived from Kobo. The 2E is back in stock, so now wondering whether to cancel my Amazon order for the device itself, and get it through Kobo....

John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2022, 08:09 AM   #261
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
My cover has already arrived from Kobo. The 2E is back in stock, so now wondering whether to cancel my Amazon order for the device itself, and get it through Kobo....

If your Amazon order was the one that says 1-2 months (or as it now says November 1-6), then yes.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-16-2022 at 08:59 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 08:25 AM   #262
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If your Amazon order was the one that says 1-2 months, then yes.
Amazon is saying 26 Oct to 16 Nov for delivery. If it's the former, I'd hang on,but if nearer the end of that period ..

Old 10-16-2022, 09:02 AM   #263
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Amazon is saying 26 Oct to 16 Nov for delivery. If it's the former, I'd hang on,but if nearer the end of that period ..

Amazon is now saying November 1-6.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:13 PM   #264
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:

(If in the US) why not just order from Walmart.com? $134.32 with two day delivery.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:29 PM   #265
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
(If in the US) why not just order from Walmart.com? $134.32 with two day delivery.
The why not is because John is in the UK.
Old 10-16-2022, 04:23 PM   #266
John Hopper
Addict

Quote:
Amazon is now saying November 1-6.
My order is still saying 26 October to 16 November.

Old 10-16-2022, 05:06 PM   #267
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
My order is still saying 26 October to 16 November.

Don't cancel your order. The Amazon listing for November 1-7 is gone.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-16-2022 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:36 AM   #268
travnewmatic
travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2e
Quote:
@travnewmatic Very nioce photos. Shows off the 2e very well except for the scratch on the screen.
WHAT SCRATCH! I checked and checked and I don't see any scratches. I think maybe it was a hair stuck to the screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Love the sweet photos of your cat, but what is that rectangular thing to the right?
zing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The cat was the best part I always have to shove mine out of the way, though why I bother is a mystery.
Thank you for thinking so, he'll be pleased to hear it. He's such a ham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
thank you

best wishes koboy
And you're very welcome!

My red case came in. I think I like it, but it does add some heft to the device. Not sure how necessary the protection is, just toting it between rooms at home. Also i liked to see the cover of the book i'm reading when the Kobo is asleep. It is quite snug when its in the case, so its not so convenient to take in and out (but the snugness is probably a good thing). The foldy cover does do a good job of propping it up when I'm eating and reading, but I do find myself toying with the flap when I'm reading normally.

Also the felt-like material the used for the inside of the case does produce pills (little fiber balls).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221017_141959.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	568.7 KB
ID:	197219   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221017_142011.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	389.0 KB
ID:	197220   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221017_142017.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	197221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221017_141808.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	615.7 KB
ID:	197222   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221017_141816.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	520.3 KB
ID:	197223  
travnewmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 03:55 AM   #269
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by travnewmatic View Post
WHAT SCRATCH! I checked and checked and I don't see any scratches. I think maybe it was a hair stuck to the screen?
Yep, the fact it's not present in all the photos makes it obvious it's a cat-astrophe, not a catastrophe.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 04:56 AM   #270
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by travnewmatic View Post
I know it was just a pet hair. But it is the correct color for a scratch.