Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2022, 05:23 PM   #241
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
Just when I had decided to bite the bullet and get a 2E, the UK Kobo site has sold out! Damn. And there is nowhere else to get them here, no physical shop sells them. So it's completely unavailable for the moment.
Amazon?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:33 PM   #242
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Amazon?
They're about £40 more expensive on there than Kobo price.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2022, 07:01 PM   #243
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Just when I had decided to bite the bullet and get a 2E, the UK Kobo site has sold out! Damn. And there is nowhere else to get them here, no physical shop sells them. So it's completely unavailable for the moment.

You could try here.

https://www.quzo.net/clara-2e-goldfi...7b4ca304d2382a
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:03 PM   #244
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They're about £40 more expensive on there than Kobo price.

Not so. The Clara 2e is the same price as from Kobo. The difference is that Amazon is saying 1-2 months.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:17 AM   #245
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not so. The Clara 2e is the same price as from Kobo. The difference is that Amazon is saying 1-2 months.
That is so now yes, and I have now placed an order. It wasn't the case when I checked a few days ago.

They don't have the cover in stock at the moment though, so I may get that from Kobo.

Advert
Old 10-13-2022, 06:51 AM   #246
John Hopper
Addict

Quote:
That is so now yes, and I have now placed an order. It wasn't the case when I checked a few days ago.

They don't have the cover in stock at the moment though, so I may get that from Kobo.

Ordered black cover from Kobo, the sea green one was unfortunately not available and the orange one is a bit bright.

On Amazon they're listed at £41.53! And temporarily out of stock.

Old 10-14-2022, 12:03 AM   #247
travnewmatic
travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2e
Post Hello World!

I got my Kobo Clara 2E earlier this week, my first e-reader.

I've been so happy with it.

Its responsive, easy to work with, and easy to configure.

I hope others who receive theirs also find similar enjoyment.

Haven't had this much fun with a new gadget in a long time.
travnewmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 12:12 AM   #248
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by travnewmatic View Post

Thank you for sharing! The nature of this forum is such that brickbats outnumber bouquets, carping and criticism crowd out compliments. So to see such a straightforwad "I like it, I'm happy" post is a real tonic

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 10-14-2022 at 12:41 AM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 12:30 AM   #249
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:

welcome, thank you for joining, and sharing how happy you are with the Kobo Clara 2E in your first post. could you please attach some photos showing the screen in it's various states with the light off/on? it would be very much appreciated by potential buyers

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 12:55 AM   #250
travnewmatic
travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travnewmatic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Thank you for sharing! The nature of this forum is such that brickbats outnumber bouquets, carping and criticism crowds out compliments. So to see such a straightforwad "I like it, I'm happy" post is a real tonic
Ha, you're very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
welcome, thank you for joining, and sharing how happy you are with the Kobo Clara 2E in your first post. could you please attach some photos showing the screen in it's various states with the light off/on? it would be very much appreciated by potential buyers

best wishes koboy
Let me know how those attached pictures look, I can take more in different settings if you like.

For normal operation, I have the 'Natural light' at 100%, and the 'Brightness' around 5%. I've found that to be functional wherever I am in my apartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221014_114153.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	706.3 KB
ID:	197139   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221014_114253.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	574.2 KB
ID:	197140   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221014_114221.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	549.2 KB
ID:	197141   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221014_114230.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	580.2 KB
ID:	197142  
travnewmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 07:44 AM   #251
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

@travnewmatic Very nioce photos. Shows off the 2e very well except for the scratch on the screen.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-14-2022 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:20 AM   #252
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Ha, you're very welcome!

Let me know how those attached pictures look, I can take more in different settings if you like.

For normal operation, I have the 'Natural light' at 100%, and the 'Brightness' around 5%. I've found that to be functional wherever I am in my apartment.

Love the sweet photos of your cat, but what is that rectangular thing to the right?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 12:04 PM   #253
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
The cat was the best part I always have to shove mine out of the way, though why I bother is a mystery.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 01:36 PM   #254
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The cat was the best part I always have to shove mine out of the way, though why I bother is a mystery.
I've also always taken care that none of mine would show their whiskers on the photos. Perhaps I shouldn't do that. Anyway, I've posted plenty of photos about them in the pet thread of the Lounge (without ereaders muddying the picture), so they've no reason to sulk.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 05:37 PM   #255
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Ha, you're very welcome!

thank you

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote