Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-02-2022, 06:24 AM   #16
glenm
glenm began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
Finding Missing EBook files

I've written a small utility in C# that will analyze a Caliber Library and list all the books that are in the Caliber metadata database but do not exist on disc.

The source can be found here - https://github.com/glenm80/CaliberMissing

It's written in C# using Visual Studio 2022 Community and the only dependency is on SQLite Core which is obtained from NuGet

The list of books can be exported to a text/csv by Right Clicking the list and exporting the data.

I will put a more comprehensive post in the Related Tools area of this forum.

Edit: Corrected spelling

Last edited by glenm; 02-02-2022 at 06:26 AM.
glenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:12 AM   #17
desbutes
desbutes began at the beginning.

Device: asus memopad 102a
hi,
Thanks for work but error 404 even with identification.
desbutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2022, 04:39 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The only repository I see at https://github.com/glenm80/ is IconInfo.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:24 AM   #19
glenm
glenm began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The only repository I see at https://github.com/glenm80/ is IconInfo.
My error, the repository was private - it's now public and you should be able to see it
glenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:37 AM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenm View Post
I've written a small utility in C# that will analyze a Caliber Library and list all the books that are in the Caliber metadata database but do not exist on disc.

The source can be found here - https://github.com/glenm80/CaliberMissing

It's written in C# using Visual Studio 2022 Community and the only dependency is on SQLite Core which is obtained from NuGet

The list of books can be exported to a text/csv by Right Clicking the list and exporting the data.

I will put a more comprehensive post in the Related Tools area of this forum.

Edit: Corrected spelling
FYI. It's calibre NOT caliber
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2022, 09:54 AM   #21
matmp
matmp began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Missing epub : solution in Calibre

Create a custom column
(find in : [URL=https://www.reddit.com/r/Calibre/comments/s48dzy/how_to_find_entries_that_dont_have_actual_files/[/URL])

Open "Preference" in Calibre, then "create custom column"
Choose "quick start" then "format"

Rename title like "Have Book" (as you want !)
Column type : let by default
Show checkmarks
Description : "Epub exist or miss"
Template model : {#formats:test(yes,no)}
Replace "Text" by "Yes/No"

Ok
Apply
Restart Calibre

You'll see in that new column if the book (epub) exist or miss !
matmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:38 AM   #22
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmp View Post
Create a custom column
(find in : [URL=https://www.reddit.com/r/Calibre/comments/s48dzy/how_to_find_entries_that_dont_have_actual_files/[/URL])

Open "Preference" in Calibre, then "create custom column"
Choose "quick start" then "format"

Rename title like "Have Book" (as you want !)
Column type : let by default
Show checkmarks
Description : "Epub exist or miss"
Template model : {#formats:test(yes,no)}
Replace "Text" by "Yes/No"

Ok
Apply
Restart Calibre

You'll see in that new column if the book (epub) exist or miss !
This does not find the missing formats Calibre doesn't know about, e.g. in the case of database corruption or errors in the library.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:05 PM   #23
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmp View Post
Create a custom column
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
This does not find the missing formats Calibre doesn't know about, e.g. in the case of database corruption or errors in the library.
Although I can't see why one would want such a column, this template does tell you if formats exist in the database but not on the disk and is appropriate for a custom column. Its performance isn't ideal.
Code:
program:
	on_disk = list_re(formats_sizes(), ',', '^(.*):.*$', '\1');
	in_db = approximate_formats();
	list_equals(in_db, ',', on_disk, ',', 'OK', 'Missing some of ' & in_db)
Assuming for some reason I don't want to use Check library, I would use a variant of the above template in a template search. That way I pay the performance penalty only when I want to. This template would work:
Code:
program:
	on_disk = list_re(formats_sizes(), ',', '^(.*):.*$', '\1');
	in_db = approximate_formats();
	list_equals(in_db, ',', on_disk, ',', 'OK', 'BAD')
with this template search:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	196734  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote