Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #1
gjbalzano
gjbalzano began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite, nook tablet 7
Calibre Editor keeps switching language metadata to "es"

I have an epub file that, when I look at it in Calibre's Editor (using 3.1.1), shows mostly of the words as "misspelled" because in the language metadata, the content.opf file says the language is Spanish, i.e. "<dc:language>es</dc:language>". I can change this "es" to "en-US" and save the file but when I reopen the file, the language metadata has reverted to "es" on me. I can open the file in Sigil (0.9.7) and everything seems fine, no confusion about the language. But Calibre thinks the file is in Spanish. How can I fix this?
gjbalzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Try changing it in Calibre's metadata editor.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre reads the Language (and other metadata) for the book from the Library and updates the metadata. Fix you Library entry, and that may cure your problem
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:19 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Go into the eBook editors Preferences and turn off metadata updating. You don't need it and you really don't want it. You can easily manually edit the metadata in the OPF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote