Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-27-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Library now missing all .mobi, pdf, epub files

I reset my Kindle voyager so that there are no books on the device itself. Now my Calibre library is messed up. It seems that every single book in my library is missing its actual ebook file. The metadata.opf and cover jpg files are there, but all of the mobi, epub, pdf, etc files are gone.

Why would this have happened?

I have backups in iCloud of my Calibre library database, but I am not sure how to restore it. I know there is an option for restoring if I right click on the Calibre icon, but it doesn't ask where I want to restore from. When I tried the right-click method, most of the titles are now missing any format under the format column. A few show mobi, but most are empty.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The only things that come to mind:
1) You deleted a format while all titles were selected
2) you had them tagged "news" , and it hit the "expire after" # od days
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2017, 07:36 PM   #3
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Well, in any case, I copied by complete backup (not the csv file but the copy of my database) and pasted it back in the Calibre folder, and that seems to have restored everything.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote