Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Cannot open my library book anymore

Oh man...I have been so happy with my Sony PRS-T1 but yesterday I got some problems. First it seemed to be frozen, the two arrows kept spinning and the screen went on and off. All I could do was a reset, so problem was solved. Today I tried to open my library book and all of a sudden it says; Error, protected by Digital Rights Management!
The only thing I can think of is that Kobo emailed me to use Adobe Digital Editions, a software I am not familiar with (this was because I asked them how to read or open books for previews). So now I don't know what to do. All different software drives me crazy. I just want to download books, open them and read. I dont have a lot of books (yet) so books from before my Sony ereader (on iPad and iPhone) is not an issue to transfer them. Please help me,
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
If you used Adobe for your Kobo book it has to be the same Adobe account that you used for your library book.
Could that be it?
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
You need to reauthorize the device. Either go into settings, about reader, or opening your ADE or Sony software, plug the device and authorize
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
This happened to me recently. I was reading a book, and it went into an infinite spinning arrows loop. I had to reset the T1. Afterwards I could no longer open DRM'ed books, and I had to reauthorize the T1. Very odd behavior! I have never had a crash or a reset of older Sony models require a reauthorization.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
This happened to me recently. I was reading a book, and it went into an infinite spinning arrows loop. I had to reset the T1. Afterwards I could no longer open DRM'ed books, and I had to reauthorize the T1. Very odd behavior! I have never had a crash or a reset of older Sony models require a reauthorization.
How do you reauthorize it? I had to plug it in, it asked for my id and so, it all works again. At that point I thought it was reauthorized. But still that library book shows "Protected by Digital Rights Management".
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
How do you reauthorize it? I had to plug it in, it asked for my id and so, it all works again. At that point I thought it was reauthorized. But still that library book shows "Protected by Digital Rights Management".
Delete the library book and try downloading it again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
I did it wirelessly. I clicked the Reader Store icon on the T1 homescreen. I entered my account information and was reauthorized.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #8
bcgirl
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Delete the library book and try downloading it again.
I did all you advised me, it worked! Got my library book again, sigh!!

Last edited by bcgirl; 01-21-2012 at 02:16 AM.