Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
josepinto
Connoisseur
josepinto began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5320
epub-library: relative paths

Hi,

I am using EpubReader in FirefoxPortable and every time I change the location of FirefoxPortable or if my Pen Drive letter changes I cannot acess the books in epub-library because it is search for the older location.
Can relative paths be implemented?
josepinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepinto View Post
Hi,

I am using EpubReader in FirefoxPortable and every time I change the location of FirefoxPortable or if my Pen Drive letter changes I cannot acess the books in epub-library because it is search for the older location.
My entry in epub library looks like: chrome://epubreader/content/index.html
This is already a relative path. Perhaps FirefoxPortable changes this. If you do a manage bookmarks and select properties on the epub library entry what does it show?

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 12-02-2009 at 04:33 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepinto View Post
Hi,

Hi Jose, thanks for your feedback!

The problem occurs, because EPUBReader stores the absolute path of the folder, where the epub is stored. This causes only problems, if you use FirefoxPortable like you do or you move your Firefox installation for other reasons. But because it's indeed not very good to use absolute paths, I'll put this on the change list .

Last edited by mikelv; 12-03-2009 at 08:08 AM.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote