Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
Vulgar Excess
Vulgar Excess began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook SimpleTouch with Glowlight
Same ebooks in two libraries.

I have two ereaders, one of which has a microsd on which I have over 10 gb worth of books, but the other just has 8GB internal storage. Thus, I basically need two libraries, the full one and one with less than 8gb worth. They would all be the identical books, just fewer in the latter one. Any chance I can designate some books in the main library to be in both libraries, instead of having to store two copies of the books in the 8gb one? Thanks.
Vulgar Excess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See if this helps ==>> Getting the same books on 2 devices

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
This sounds like a good use for Virtual Libraries, rather than two physical libraries.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:45 PM   #4
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I maintain the calibre library for everyone in our family which means that I've been keeping track of what books are on multiple devices (currently 6). I've one tablet with a copy of every book but all the other devices contain different subsets of our books.

At this point I keep track through a custom column which I've updated as I've sent or removed books from the various devices.

I could use the custom column to create virtual libraries in Calibre but honestly I've rarely bothered except in the rare case where I've needed to repopulate a device after a factory reset.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:08 AM   #5
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
At this point I keep track through a custom column which I've updated as I've sent or removed books from the various devices.
In addition to the same type of custom columns ekbell uses, I have a custom column for each device that shows when I need to send a new ebook to the device - simple Y/N/b.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
In addition to the same type of custom columns ekbell uses, I have a custom column for each device that shows when I need to send a new ebook to the device - simple Y/N/b.
Could this not be managed more easily by using the Reading List plugin?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #7
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Possibly, but as soon as the ebook is loaded to the device, I remove it from the to copy column and add it to the on the device column through Edit metadata. I'll give the Reading List plugin a try and see if it is quicker than the way I'm now doing it.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:03 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Possibly, but as soon as the ebook is loaded to the device, I remove it from the to copy column and add it to the on the device column through Edit metadata. I'll give the Reading List plugin a try and see if it is quicker than the way I'm now doing it.
I have a reading list, now, which sends automatically to the device the books that are not stored there (and smarteject for detecting books which are in the device but not in the library).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
absolutely, it's the solution davidfor outlined in the thread I referenced in post 2.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
duplicate library, libraries, shared library