Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #31
peekpoke
Enthusiast
peekpoke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Android
Two big ones for me are Download All, and built in reader.

I got around Download All by going to the console on the Calibre machine, and selecting all books, then syncing. Doing this every time I want to sync my library to iPhone kind of defeats the primary point of CC for me (syncing library to phone).

For a reader, just something simple based on a free EPUB library like Readium, or perhaps an expensive one like SkyEPUB would be a huge step forward. Why so important? Because of the lack of cross app file access in iOS (everything copied around), and the lack of default apps. I would love to be able to just click on a book to read it, instead of picking an App every time, and having the EPUB copied into the other apps workspace.

One other minor issue, the search bar is a little bit short on an iPhone 5, I keep touching the buttons above it by accident. Can we have it just a little bit taller?
peekpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #32
American_Desi
Connoisseur
American_Desi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 12.9"
I'm not sure if this is a Calibre or a Calibre Companion request, but I would like to see the ability to sync entire book by Series, such that when I reconnect via Wireless connection, any new books added to a given Series that is being synced to my iPad will automatically be downloaded to my iPad. Currently, I still have to go into the desktop client and tell it to download each book, although I can batch select them.
American_Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2018, 04:48 AM   #33
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Desi View Post
I'm not sure if this is a Calibre or a Calibre Companion request, but I would like to see the ability to sync entire book by Series, such that when I reconnect via Wireless connection, any new books added to a given Series that is being synced to my iPad will automatically be downloaded to my iPad. Currently, I still have to go into the desktop client and tell it to download each book, although I can batch select them.
Moved to a new thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295643
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #34
mr201710
mr201710 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Post feature requests

i am a new user of CC
after a few days and intensive use i have some suggestions

Missing a option "hide thumbnails" on list view
This made the list more compact and readable

On Menübar missing a book counter, so the total number of books in the list is seen directly.

Update:
using "content server" mode, why each book must be activated for download?
i am missing an option downloading all books with one klick

Last edited by mr201710; 07-27-2018 at 01:21 PM.
mr201710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #35
silentArtifact
silentArtifact began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone XR
New user: I'd love the ability to select multiple books within the companion and save all to Files. This'd let me bulk import books into my reader app.

Edit: Realize this isn't possible due to limitations of iOS. IGNORE ME

Last edited by silentArtifact; 01-04-2019 at 09:19 AM.
silentArtifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #36
C8H10N4O2
C8H10N4O2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3, Kindle DX
Goodreads Integration

I have been using CC for a while now and it makes life really easy to move my books onto my iPad.

One thing I'd like to see is integration with Goodreads that would allow me to mark a book as read or in-process when I copy it over to the books app. I know that Calibre already has a Goodreads plugin, but it would be nice to be able to push something out of CC.

I used Kindle for iPad for the first time in a very long time recently and was pleasantly surprised with its integration with Goodreads. Granted, they own it, but it was a cool feature.

Thanks for considering.
C8H10N4O2 is offline   Reply With Quote