Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2024, 03:40 PM   #1
123Passa
123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.123Passa is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony PRS T3
GUIDE: Sony PRS T3 (and possibly T1 and T2) export notes to laptop in 2024

Hi all,

I got a second hand T3 recently I asked some questions to the community already and now it is time to give back!

I wanted to read my notes in an easy way and share them through OneNote so I can read them and google them while I commute. The issue is that the Sony Reader Software did not work for me, as I guess it does not work for anyone else anymore

So after about an hour I figured out this simple trick. When you connect your reader to the laptop you should have the following file [your drive]:\Sony_Reader\database\books.db .
This is a dataset containing a lot of information about your device and your notes.

1. Download DB Browser for SQL lite and install
2. In DB Browser click on Open Database and select the file mentioned above
3. Select execute SQL and copy the following query:
SELECT title,AUTHOR,name,marked_text,page
FROM ANNOTATION
LEFT JOIN BOOKS
ON ANNOTATION.content_id= BOOKS._id

4. Select the query you just copied and press execute all (the little play button)

And like this you are done. You will have your notes in a table and you can export them to any other software like One Note or Excel just by copy pasting.

I hope this tricks saves someone's time and make these beautiful readers last longer!

***You can get more info out of the .db file but for me title, author, note title, marked text and page was enough. Let me know in the case you don't know how SQL works and you're looking for more info!

Last edited by 123Passa; 04-09-2024 at 03:42 PM.
123Passa is offline   Reply With Quote