Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-26-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
Naddesh
Naddesh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle / Smartphone / Tablet
Across library search with context

Hello! I am looking for sth that would allow me to search for a word across a huge library (hopefully in different formats but always could convert everything to one) and display results with context. Currently I am using "EPUB Search Multiple Files At Once Software" but free version is [offensive word deleted - MODERATOR] (cannot even make bigger screen for results) and full is expensive. Could anyone help?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-26-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Naddesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:24 AM   #2
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
AZARDI is an EPUB reader that has indexed search across books:

http://azardi.infogridpacific.com/
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2017, 06:40 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
On a Mac you can use Spotlight - it can handle most formats, including EPUB
On Windows you can use the Windows Indexer, but it can't index EPUB or MOBI. I use it on a library of 100,000+ 'books'.
On Linux you could use Recoll or Beagle - not sure if they do EPUB.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #4
Naddesh
Naddesh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle / Smartphone / Tablet
Thanks got around to trying it now :P Just another question: I downloaded azardi and while option add book works when i use add multi books then the drag and drop window shows. The problem is that dragging does not work. the cursor is turning into circle with line across when trying to drag.
Naddesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebooks, library, search