Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
platt
platt began at the beginning.

Device: none
building from source - qt4.8.1?

is it possible to use qt4.8.1?

i tried to run on linux32 (debian sid) but after installing comes: Ungültiger Maschinenbefehl

so i want to build from source, but:

Could NOT find Qt4 (missing: QT_QTWEBKIT_INCLUDE_DIR QT_QTWEBKIT_LIBRARY)
(found suitable version "4.8.1", required is "4.7.0")
platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Yes, Sigil can be built against Qt-4.8.1.

You need qt-devel and libqtwebkit-dev (or whatever they're named in Debian). Check http://code.google.com/p/sigil/wiki/RunningFromSource
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
platt

i read the wiki RunningFromSource before i tried to compile, but i'm suspicious about cmakes (found suitable version "4.8.1", required is "4.7.0")
Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by platt View Post
i read the wiki RunningFromSource before i tried to compile, but i'm suspicious about cmakes (found suitable version "4.8.1", required is "4.7.0")
It means the minimum required version is 4.7.0, i.e. it won't compile at all with 4.6.0 (but it does compile with 4.8.x).
Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
platt

you are right i needed libqtwebkit-dev, is missing in the wiki.
Now it compiles, but the old error Segmentation fault appears, much the same as with the precompiled package.
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Ahmad Samir
Zealot

Quote:
From the wiki page:
Quote:
Compiling on Linux

Aside from the core Qt libraries, you will also need to install libqt4-xml, libqt4-svg, libqt4-webkit and libqt4-dev (and their various dependencies) which are not included by default in Qt.

This should be as simple as typing in the following command into your terminal (on Debian-like systems):

sudo apt-get install libqt4-gui libqt4-svg libqt4-webkit libqt4-xml libqt4-dev

Quote:
Now it compiles, but the old error Segmentation fault appears, much the same as with the precompiled package.
Then you're hitting a bug, you should file a bug report in the Sigil issue tracker, IIUC.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
platt

ok overread »(and their various dependencies)«
The issue tracker at ggl.code needs my tel no. for verification.
I'm willingly to make progress, but sorry, no way.
we do no evel today
Old 05-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
It's very clear that Qt WebKit is required. I've modified the instructions to remove dirstro specific instructions as to what packages to install as they were only there as an example not a definitive list.

Quote:
Can't say what's happening without seeing a back trace for gdb.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
platt

is this right? dont used gdb before

Reading symbols from /usr/local/bin/sigil...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/sigil
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0x0854e4b0 in xercesc_3_1::RangeToken::addRange(int, int) ()
(gdb)
Old 05-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
That's close enough. Illegal Instruction typically means that your CPU doesn't support something the code needs. Currently Xerces, as provided by Sigil, requires sse2. This is most likely your issue. If you're CPU doesn't support sse2 then what you're experiencing will happen.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
platt

yes my cpu dont have sse2. normally xerxesc could built with --disable-sse2, but sigil link it staticly?
so i tried to comment out from /src/Xerces/CMakeList.txt:

if( CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX )
# SSE2 autodetection sometimes fails on Linux, so we'll just
# require the presence of SSE2. Everything since the year 2000 (Pentium 4)
# has it, so it's not like we're leaving anyone out.
add_definitions( -msse2 )
endif()

that give me errors, that i dont figure out.