Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Kobo’s latest iPhone/iPad app approved by Apple!

Not sure where this should be, just ran into this while surfing. was this posted already? i didn't notice...

http://blog.kobobooks.com/2011/03/01...oved-by-apple/
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
It's good news, however given that Apple has set a deadline of June 30th for apps to comply there would be no reason to reject updates until that date.

(However, I'm in the camp that's pointing that there's been no official confirmation from Apple that the new rules apply to ebook purchases as well as subscriptions anyway.)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
It's good news, however given that Apple has set a deadline of June 30th for apps to comply there would be no reason to reject updates until that date.
so kinda like raising their hopes now to crush them later, eh?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
BrentKnowles
Author
BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm really hoping Apple doesn't crush them. I'll have to look into a different tablet at that point.
BrentKnowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I honestly don't care where I get my books from (except iBooks since their DRM has not been broken). Everything goes into calibre and stripped. There's just little to no connection for me between device and store source.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I honestly don't care where I get my books from (except iBooks since their DRM has not been broken). Everything goes into calibre and stripped. There's just little to no connection for me between device and store source.
i don't usually strip the DRM unless I absolutely need to, since i plan to read exclusively on my kindle anyway :3