Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Steve Ramponi
Steve Ramponi began at the beginning.

Device: nook
upgraded to calibre 0.7.14 and cant get metadata

I Upgraded from 0.7.12 to version 0.7.14 and cannot fetch meta data from servers.

i get the following errors
Google
(10061, "no connectioncould be made because the target machine actively refused it)

isbndb could not fetch isbndb metadata. error:

same as google from douban books

worked fine before the upgrade

Steve Ramponi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It could be your firewall software blocking calibre access to the internet.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
Steve Ramponi

all permissions are set to allow it, and it worked fine before the upgrade
Old 08-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It seems to work fine for everyone else, so it has to be something local to your system! I mentioned the firewall because many firewall packages see a new release as a new program that needs re-authourising.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
Steve Ramponi

hmmmmmm, how do I reauthorize, all I use is windows firewall
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Steve Ramponi

I rebooted, then turned off windows firewall, and still the same thing, I even uninstalled and reinstalled, question is, when I reinstalled it still saved some info, after uninstalling what else do I need to delete to I can do a clean install
Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
all previous calibre reelases are available at sourceforge, simply downgrade back to 0.7.12 and see if it fixes it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
Steve Ramponi

thank you, and I plan on donating, I love your program, it is freaking awesome, lol
Old 08-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
Steve Ramponi

did a clean uninstall, reinstalled, got same error with older version, hmmmmmm I havn't installed anything new. I even end tasked on all non essential programs
Old 08-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its probably a wrong proxy setting. Malware often changes the proxy settings on computers it infects.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
Steve Ramponi

that did it, I adjusted the proxy settings and its working now.....running malwarebytes as we speak, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, LOL