Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Gurus, Please Help. Broken?

To make a long story short, my 505 was thrown with force down a few stairs onto a carpeted floor. It was hard enough to eject the dummy media-slot pieces, and to separate the reader from the standard cover. It will not turn on. I have pressed reset, and it will still not turn on.

Right now I'm charging it (it wasn't in need of a charge before this) in hopes that it helps "jump-start" it.

Is it ruined? Is there any way I can fix it?
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind. The lower silver bracket is bent. It starts up when plugged in, but the display is damaged 3/4 in from the side.

What's my best option for replacement? It's the dark blue one, no longer available from Sony.
Advert
Old 08-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
Never mind. The lower silver bracket is bent. It starts up when plugged in, but the display is damaged 3/4 in from the side.

What's my best option for replacement? It's the dark blue one, no longer available from Sony.
http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.as...5LC&ID=1153488

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Michele
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Thank you. I guess I'll buy something online. Darn it!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thank you. I guess I'll buy something online. Darn it!
Give Sony a call. They might be able to get you a refurbished unit for less then buying a new one. Can't be sure you would get blue. But give it a go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 05:04 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I agree with giving Sony a call. They may even know where some blue are still in stock.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
Michele
Addict

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
Michele
Addict

Oh darn! After ordering a replacement 505 I learned about the 600! I had no idea!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Oh darn! After ordering a replacement 505 I learned about the 600! I had no idea!
Did you buy a new 505 or did you contact Sony to get a refurbed unit?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #10
Michele
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you buy a new 505 or did you contact Sony to get a refurbed unit?
I bought a new one, and loaded books onto it yesterday.

D'oh!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #11
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I hope you dumped your OH ;-)
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote