Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
fry@pocketbook
fry@pocketbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
Copy files over SSH to Kindle?

Hello,
is it possible to copy files(pdf,mobi) over ssh in the documents folder?
I know Kindle ip-address, my Kindle is jailbreak and the USB-Network is installed.

The normal way I change something in the Kindle rootsystem, is to connect over usb and use telnet 192.168.2.2(is telnet allways on without any password auth, when I'm online?) I like to use private and public-key.

thanks....
fry@pocketbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
you may use winscp to transfer documents into Kindle.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@fry@pocketbook: No, the telnet access is USB only. SSH will require a proper auth method as soon as you enable access over WiFi (by default, it doesn't punch a hole in iptables to allow access over wifi, and doesn't actually check the password).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
XxnewflarexX
XxnewflarexX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
SSH Access

The entering of data into the iptables is easy...it is the connecting when it is on, that is hard.
XxnewflarexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #5
fry@pocketbook
fry@pocketbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
Ok, I have add the rule in iptables. But I can not ping or connect via ssh to the ip-address. What user and password i need for ssh? Is it root, because I see it in /etc/shadow...

Edit:
I only add this line in iptables:
-A INPUT -i wlan0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

How can I check that ssh daemon is running?

Last edited by fry@pocketbook; 06-22-2012 at 02:43 AM.
fry@pocketbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay, I'm gonna ask you to Read The Fine Manual, because everything's explained in there, and you certainly *don't* have to play with iptables manually .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote