Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #46
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Unable to watch Andy's match as ESPN2 is showing Nadal v Vedasco instead. Plus, the forum on Andy's site has been shut down.
He's just won the first set comfortably. If you can afford it, a subscription to Tennis TV is a fine thing to have. (You can watch via the web or an Android or iPhone app.)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #47
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
He's just won the first set comfortably. If you can afford it, a subscription to Tennis TV is a fine thing to have. (You can watch via the web or an Android or iPhone app.)

Graham
Thank you for the info, Graham. I've heard others mention the site before...
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #48
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Andy struggled a bit in the 2nd set but came up with a 6'2 , 7'5 win!

I'm very curious to know if his time in Cinci will help him or hurt him at the USO.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #49
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Should help him. You can't afford to be off your game as much as he was last week and expect to survive the first two rounds of the US Open when there's some crazy first and second round potential matchups.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #50
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Should help him. You can't afford to be off your game as much as he was last week and expect to survive the first two rounds of the US Open when there's some crazy first and second round potential matchups.
That's true, he'll hopefully be match tough, but it also gives him very little down time to reset and relax. Seems like a catch 22.
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #51
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^He pretty much had a week off last week and everyone is playing Cinci so it's not an unfair advantage for anyone. I think his penchant for dropping the first set is a bigger issue in a 5-sets-per-match tournament.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #52
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^He pretty much had a week off last week and everyone is playing Cinci so it's not an unfair advantage for anyone. I think his penchant for dropping the first set is a bigger issue in a 5-sets-per-match tournament.
Another good point, HIMS.

As for the 5-sets. I think it all depends on the opponent. The only players I'd be concerned about his losing the first set to would be the top 3. He has held steady at 4 for a reason, and even flirted with 2nd when Rafa was out. He has to play his best against them, but can play into the match with the others, it all depends on his state of mind.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #53
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I'm seeing the last couple of games as an indication that he's not had much match practice recently. He admitted that he was exhausted after running straight from the clay/grass court seasons into the Davis Cup, and he's only played these last three matches since then.

If he gets through to face Nadal in the semis I reckon that will be enough to sharpen him up for the first week at Flushing Meadows.

Graham
Old 08-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #54
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

I still don't like his odds in a night match against someone like Blake throwing the first set in the gutter. Granted 5-set wonder matches are generally a given in the first week of the open, but I still wouldn't bet on Murray in a night match there. Too easy to go wacky in the head.

Just thinking about this year's draw is making me salivate. So much intrigue for me. I usually like scanning through the draws, but I'm almost rabid with expectations on this one.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #55
Nyssa
Series Addict

Wow! I am so proud of Mardy Fish! What an excellent match!

Didn't get to see most of Andy's match - only the last game or two - but he seems to have had it well in hand, if the score is any indication.

Problem is now they have compete against each other, and for the first time my loyalty is torn. I really want to see Fish continue to do well (he has a winning h2h against Murray), but Murry is still my favorite. Aaarg - decisions, decisions. This is going to be a hard match to watch.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #56
Nyssa
Series Addict

Tomas Berdych just beat Federer 6'2, 7'6(3)
Old 08-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #57
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Federer knows it's just a tune up. I still don't see him winning, but not for the loss to Berdych. Fish got a bit of a break after Fernando (Tony the Tiger) Verdasco took Nadal to 7-6, 6-7, 7-6. Hardcourts aren't a good choice to play Verdasco on. Fish did look good though. He's a tough guy to read because he hasn't been the most consistent, but he's certainly playing well enough to be a quarter or semi-finalist without blinking an eye.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #58
Nyssa
Series Addict

Andy Murray is the 2011 Western & southern Champion. Unfortunately, it was not the type of victory he would have liked - 6'3 3'0 (Ret'd). A win is a win as they say, and Andy says that the tournament has helped him to figure out what he needs to fine tune before the USO.

I wish Andy the very best, and hope to see him raise his first Grand Slam championship trophy at the 2011 USO.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #59
Graham
Wizard

Yes, it was a shame Djokovich had to retire. Still, Murray can feel satisfied with having come through some tough matches on the way there. Let's hope they all get a good rest and are fit for the US Open.

Graham
Old 08-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #60
Nyssa
Series Addict

Maria Sharapovia is the Women's 2011 Western & Southern Champion! Its nice to see her do well.

If I am to be honest, I think I would have been happy with anyone beating Jelena Jankovic, except maybe Marion Bartolli. Both of those women seem to just really get under my skin!