Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Tablet section needed

I've just noticed that there's a mistake on MR. Tablets are being lumped in with eink readers when they don't actually belong there. There should be a tablet section for all the various tablets. Then subsections for the different brands. It would make finding information about tablets a lot easier then it is now. As it is now, tablet information is so all over the place that it's quite hard to find what's there. Something should be done soon before this gets even more convoluted.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That makes a lot of sense to me.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It's an overdue issue, but strictly the tablets are not, in themselves, readers .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
... and there is an Android and an Apple section already.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I agree, makes sense to keep the pretend 'readers' away from the serious readers.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:22 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
... and there is an Android and an Apple section already.

The "A" Brigade ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
This is hardly what I would call a "mistake", and frankly I don't see any need to change. Plus changing introduces questions such as where do the KF and NT go? Right now they're happily in sub-fora of their respective main fora. And that seems to be working for the membership. Splitting out tablets to a whole new section will fragment the discussion and not improve it, IMO.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So where are the sections for all the different tablets that members have? There isn't such. So basically, posts about these other tablets have to be lumped in some section that doesn't identify them at all. And if we get Windows based tablets, there's no place for them. So yes, having a tablet section is needed. For the less popular tablets, prefixes would work fine until it's deemed that they become popular enough.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
This is hardly what I would call a "mistake", and frankly I don't see any need to change. Plus changing introduces questions such as where do the KF and NT go? Right now they're happily in sub-fora of their respective main fora. And that seems to be working for the membership. Splitting out tablets to a whole new section will fragment the discussion and not improve it, IMO.
Sure, the Fire is from Amazon, but it's a tablet. So it doesn't belong in the reader section at all. It belongs in a section with the nook tablet, iPad & iPad 2 and others.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
It apparently doesn't work for "the" membership. Some people have problems with it (and it's not only Jon).

I already mentioned it on another thread about a new sub-forum for one of those tablets...

If I have a question about the difference between the Fire, Nook, Vox, Samsung tablet and the Ipad, where would I post it?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Historically the separation on MR is by manufacturer, not by function. I say leave it alone, use sub-forums as is currently being done. I belong to other forums where the devices are separated by function (cell phones, tablets, readers) and it doesn't work well.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Jon, if you actually had one of these devices--whether by Nook, Kobo, or Amazon--you might feel differently.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Jon, if you actually had one of these devices--whether by Nook, Kobo, or Amazon--you might feel differently.
Nope.. I wouldn't. My wife has an iPad and I do use it sometimes. But as said before, there is no appropriate place to talk about tablets.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
If I have a question about the difference between the Fire, Nook, Vox, Samsung tablet and the Ipad, where would I post it?
"Which one should I buy?"

(But seriously, why not in the general Android section? Why else do we have it?)
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
"Which one should I buy?"

(But seriously, why not in the general Android section? Why else do we have it?)
What if I wanted to talk about say the differences between The Blackberry Playbook, the HP Touchpad, the Apple iPad2, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab? No place to really do so.