Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Updated wikipage for DR's

As suggested by Iņigo at some stage, I took a bit of time to update to the best of my knowledge the wikipage for the DR readers,

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Digital_Reader_Software

I hope this can simplify life for newcomers. Please have a look and correct if necessary.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:20 AM   #2
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
As suggested by Iņigo at some stage, I took a bit of time to update to the best of my knowledge the wikipage for the DR readers,

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Digital_Reader_Software

I hope this can simplify life for newcomers. Please have a look and correct if necessary.
wow!!!

it's an excellent work, thanks.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:48 AM   #3
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Very nice!

There are some items there I hadn't read about yet that I'll probably check out soon.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Excellent work. it's nice to see at a glance where the DR is up to in terms of all the software being developed.
Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
Excellent work.
Thanks

Now, when I got my DR1000, I can check all addons over.

Yura
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

congrats on the new device!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:36 AM   #7
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
Thanks
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #8
fekhner
Addict

Does anybody know how to make the link to the DR wikipage a sticky or how to make it appear at the top of the forum exactly like the link for the ILiad by Adam B. ? Probably that could be useful for everybody ...
Old 11-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
That's something only moderators are able to do - maybe you can ask them this favour?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
fekhner
Addict

thanks for the info, will do
Old 11-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
Paquillo
Enthusiast
Paquillo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, Motorola Xoom, Sony PRS-T1
Great work, fekhner! Thanks!
Paquillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #12
otromanolo
otromanolo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
Suspend?

Hello everyone,

I haven't been keeping up with the development for the DR1000 and the wiki page is a great resource, thanks a lot.

I was disappointed to see that there is not even a project to get the thing to suspend to RAM. Has this been deemed hopeless by those of you who know better? Just so that I can abandon all hope and be finally in peace

Cheers,
Manolo
otromanolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #13
fekhner
Addict

I think that suspend to RAM is working but not suspend to flash, which is probably what you were looking for, see posts # 36- 41 of this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81743
unfortunately I think that you can indeed abandon hope and be in peace
Old 11-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #14
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
I don't think Irex ever succeeded in succesfully implementing suspend to ram.

According to this post from an Irex employee the reader should last 3 times as long in standby mode (=suspend to ram), from 8 hours in normal mode to 24 hours in standby mode. This is nowhere near the case with the DR1000, at least not with mine.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #15
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Suspend to RAM works since firmware 1.5. This mode, also dubbed "sleep", automatically switches of all but RAM and the hardware detecting the pressing of a key until such time a key is pressed. It's hard to express in hours - I never read a book for 24 hours straight - but the gain sounds realistic to me.

(Unfortunately it is negated by the battery getting old and getting old extra quick due to the deep draining occuring occasionally.)
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote