Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Plunkett
Plunkett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keyboard
Questions from a newbie, hope you can help

Hello, I'm new here (just installed caliber on 9-1-13.) Have read all sorts of help online and was able to figure out how to get my books from Kindle archives and also from my device (Kindle 3 Keyboard) all now into caliber. (Total 3011 books.)

Now that they are all in calibre, I'm just barely starting to learn more about that whole program. (Have Alf tools loaded also.)

Many books can't be opened, message comes up "has no available formats" or "ERROR - Cannot view." The ones I've tried so far are in MOBI format, far as I can tell. (At least, it says MOBI on right side of caliber screen, beneath the book cover.) calibre cannot convert them into EPUB.

Have not yet been through the whole list of my books, but thought I'd ask if anyone can tell me what to do to be able to be able to open and use the books now labeled "has no available formats."

Thank you to all who have posted here and in other forums and other online information. I could not have gotten this far without you. Thanks!
Plunkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
The ones which cannot be opened or cannot be converted I suspect would be carrying Amazon's DRM and that will have to be sorted out first, I guess. How to do that, I have no clue but Alf should help.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
adding books to calibre, book formats, error message