Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
3rdDegree
3rdDegree began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwharrison View Post
There are easier methods involving Kindle4PC.
Took me a couple of hours to get it working and type up a simple script so it will be a breeze for future books, but I have now removed DRM and converted Kindle Books to epub. I really have no interest in pirating or anything like that. I still intend to buy books from Amazon; but I much prefer the iBooks app to the Kindle one, so now I can read them in that app.

Delighted!
3rdDegree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #17
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
Try installing Backgrounder (proper multi-tasking) and FullForce (run iPhone apps full-screen, like Facebook). I think you'll be pretty happy with those.
I haven't missed multitasking yet on the iPad, and I though that would be my biggest complaint. But switching between apps is so fast, it just doesn't bother me the way I thought it would. But I'll have to check that one out.

FullForce is interesting; I downloaded it yesterday. I could wish it worked better with more apps, but it makes a big difference with Checklist Wrangler, which is one of my favorite iPhone apps. It also seems to do a decent job with MLB At Bat, which is great because I absolutely refuse to buy the HD version on top of the iPhone one!
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 05:08 AM   #18
4-eyes
Enthusiast
4-eyes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwharrison View Post
There are easier methods involving Kindle4PC.
Yeah, but I'd been looking for an excuse to jailbreak my iPhone 3G ever since I figured I wasn't going to move it to iOS4 and thus there was no point worrying about breaking future updates.

The clincher was that it was really easy to obtain the Kindle PID from the iPhone UDID.

(I'll probably now set up Kindle on PC so as to cut out a few steps in the process of getting the AZW files. I take it that the PC Kindle reader will share the same account and thus use the same PID that the iPhone uses?)

How ironic that I have to resort to hacks and workarounds in order that I can legitimately purchase electronic books from Amazon to read on my device of choice.

Now, does anyone know of some suitable software for a jailbroken unit that will turn the storage space into a USB mass storage device? It would be great to cut iTunes out of the loop completely.
4-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #19
qweezz
qweezz began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
it gives me the ability to use custom dictionary in ibooks
qweezz is offline   Reply With Quote