Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #31
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOPah View Post
PandoraBox - a great free app that watches the app store for sales and freebies. Worth it if you want to wait for an app to come down in price
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Just some apps to check out - Google mobile, Air Sharing, NYTimes, Remote, Solataire, Twitterific, Wikipedia, Dictionary, Pacman!, Convert Free, Stanza, Wordpress, eBuddy, Sudoku, Google earth.

There are so many great apps, it just takes a few hours browsing to get them all, have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
(Not reading-related)

Shazam - it's an app (free) for those times when you hear some music in a store or on the telly but don't know what it is. You run Shazam, it "listens" to the music, and then analyzes it and (most times) comes back with the track name (and, of course, the option to click through to iTunes to buy it ).

Weather - get OzWeather or PktWeather ($2.49). At the mo' I prefer the former. They cost, but they're worth it, because the built-in weather app is crap, its forecasts never seeming to be accurate or have anything to do with what the BoM is showing. Plus, the bought apps show extra stuff.

The ABC app's (free) not bad either, if you're an ABC watcher/listener/reader.

NSW Food Watch (free) - This app works off the NSW Food Authority database to highlight (by "Nearby", "Map", or "Latest") those food places (restaurants, bakeries, etc.) that have been naughty in regards to hygiene, etc. It's an excellent app, though might make you a bit paranoid.

They're just some I use on my iPod Touch (I might be getting an iPhone 3GS shortly).

Cheers,
Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMe View Post
Didn't see anyone mention it, but I like eReader they don't have the huge list as amazon, but sometimes I do find cheaper prices with their store. You can also read your books on your desktop with their free software.

PocketGod = Fun!
Thanks for all these suggestions....I had already downloaded some of them, but you guys gave me a few more to add to my list. I have a similar App to the Shazam on my cellphone and I use it all the time. It will be nice to have the ereader and kindle applications so I can have access to that many more books!!.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 PM   #32
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur
Alan Baxter doesn't litterAlan Baxter doesn't litter

Device: Laptop for now, iPhone soon.
Great stuff - thanks for all that, I'll check them out.
Alan Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #33
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
* Files - A great program for just getting your documents on the iPhone. It allws yout o just copy files and folders onto you iPhone, and access them on the go. It also allows you to place bookmarks inside documents, which is really handy.
I can't find this app. Is it called files?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:01 AM   #34
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
I can't find this app. Is it called files?
Yes, Its Files (Email, Document Viewer, File Storage) by Olive Toast.

This is the iTunes Link

They also have a free lite version available to try but which is pretty limited but worth looking into before spending the $ to buy the paid version.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #35
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Got it - thanks!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #36
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
Got it - thanks!
No worries, your Welcome
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote