Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
fascha
fascha began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Touchscreen Page Turns RARELY Work

Well I finally got my Nook and so far I love almost everything about it. It's a tad on the heavy side, but I can certainly live with that

My main problem is that when I am using the LCD touchscreen to do page turns WAY more often than not, it won't actually turn the page. VERY ANNOYING! Is this a common problem? Is there something "wrong" with my Nook? I'm in Canada too, so returning it for an exchange would be very tricky (although I will be going to Niagara Falls, NY next week)

HELP!
fascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
fascha
fascha began at the beginning.

Device: nook
nvm... just searched another thread on the same issue. It linked to a helpful youtube video that has resolved my page turn issue!
fascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #3
Kymmmm
Connoisseur
Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color and Simple Touch
Pity I can't see it as I am having page turning issues. It keeps changing the page zoom size
kym
Kymmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
Zuly1201
Zuly1201 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Samsung Tablet, Kindle
I had the same issue when I first got my Nook. I did trial and error until I figured out the best way to get page turning to work. It's hard to explain but you have to use a light touch and be kind of quick about it, sort of like when you turn a book page from the bottom right corner. Hope this helps!
Zuly1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
If we are talking about the regular Nook (not color) here (I think we are), I had a lot of trouble with swipe page turns when I first got mine. It seemed like they would only work very occasionally. But eventually I got the hang of it and now it works every time.

It is hard to explain. It takes a very light touch and not much movement at all - about a 1 inch swipe. One thing - start your finger moving before it touches the screen. Then make light contact and swipe about an inch. It takes practice, for sure. If you cannot get it, it probably is not a fault of your device, just that you haven't gotten the knak of it yet.

I do find it very difficult to scroll up and down on the bottom panel when you have more entries in it than will fit on that panel (e.g. a long Table of Contents). More often than not when I swipe up or down I'll hit an entry too hard and it will go to that entry, instead of scrolling. Unfortunately, you cannot swipe on the scroll bar itself. You must swipe in the area of the list, so you can easily pick one by accident instead of scrolling the list. And this is coming from someone who is a master at page-turn swipes!
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert