Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Has anyone else had problems with corrupted files?

I was reading and put my Boox down for about an hour, and when I came back and tried to go to the next page it closed the book. I tried to reopen it and got an error "Cannot open the document". I tried to open it in Calibre and it gave me the error "Bad magic number for file header". I put the original file back on my SD card and have been fine since. Has anyone else had this problem?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
The Boox does not modify book files while you're reading them. Might be that something went wrong the first time you copied the book to the SD card. E.g., did you use a card reader on your computer and not safely remove the card? Might also be that something is wrong with your SD card.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
The Boox does not modify book files while you're reading them. Might be that something went wrong the first time you copied the book to the SD card. E.g., did you use a card reader on your computer and not safely remove the card? Might also be that something is wrong with your SD card.
I was about 2/3 thru the book, so I had accessed it a number of times before this happened. I didn't remove the card between when I read it and the time when it was corrupted - only about an hour had passed. I didn't put it on standby or close the book, I just put the reader down with the page I was on open and let it go on standby by itself.

I didn't think it modified book files, I was thinking along the lines of when it saves the page number you are on. If that info is stored physically directly before the book file, it could be possible that when that info is updated that it could go outside its address space and overwrite the book file header.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #4
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
What I meant to say is that it is possible that the file on the SD card was corrupt from the very start, but the Boox did not encounter the corruption until a certain point. But I'm not an expert, and you may be right. And as long as you cannot reproduce the problem it will be very difficult to find out what caused it. Let's just hope it never happens again.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The most likely candidate is a corrupted SD card. I'd suggest that you reformat it on a PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote