Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Kindle @ Target, a question.

Hello folks! So we picked up our second K3 of the household, but this time we decided we were impatient and went out and bought it at Target. We picked up the 2-year replacement plan while we were at it. Anyone have any experience with needing to use this particular plan with a Kindle? Or has anyone needed to take your Kindle back to Target at all?

I'm only wondering if it would have been safer to buy this at Amazon and get their own service plan, since I know Amazon is real good about helping customers out.

I just don't want to have this K3 die 6 months from now only to be told that this 2-year plan isn't eligible for Kindles (even though the sales staff recommended it when I picked up the Kindle).
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
I asked this question concerning need for extended warranty for the K3 in general and the feedback that I received was that a extended warranty was not really needed for the Kindle. As for Target feedback I never have used their extended warranty, but if warranty work is needed it would probably be a 800 # through a third party service. Target has a great return policy in general though. They allow for returns within 90 days instead of the industry standard of 30 days. The return period may be even longer around the holiday time but I'm not sure. Of course you still have the great CS through Amazon regardless of where you purchased it. I know that we all want to protect our investments, but in general I believe that within the 1st year you won't have any issues at all concerning customer service support. I'm not sure of what happens after the 1st year. A quick question though is Target's warranty concurrent or consecitive? Normally they are concurrent which would be a year of extended coverage when a two year warranty is purchased. or two years when a three year warranty is purchased.
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3, target