Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 04:44 AM   #31
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
I just ordered a case from Forefront via Amazon.fr Like you, I prefer the book style case since I rarely read anywhere that I could use the fold down bits as a "stand." Also wanted a cover with the auto sleep-wake feature.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #32
pacman
pacman began at the beginning.

Device: Forma, Touch
Just got one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kobo-Form...frcectupt=true
pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:29 AM   #33
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Those sleeves look nice.

I'm afraid that I'm too clumsy and scared of dropping my kobo in a sleeve. I dropped my glo at year at the pool bar on holiday after a day consuming er, special beverages. It fell on the hard slab and I'm convinced the gecko cover saved it.

The forefront cover arrived with me. It seems to offer better corner protection than the official cover, though the official is a tighter fit. By which I don't mean the other is loose, but the official is harder to get off. Nice textured feeling to it and pretty colour. It's going to be the on holiday, doesn't matter too much if I get suncream on the inside, clothes for my forma.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #34
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Ive been using a Pelican 1055 case with my Aura One. It protects it during transport and obviously I read without a cover. If that won't fit the Forma they have a 1065 that's larger.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:53 PM   #35
sekazi
Enthusiast
sekazi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
Are there any fabric style cases for the Forma? I have looked around and have not seen anything. When I ordered mine I went ahead and ordered the case with it but I think a fabric case be nicer.
sekazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:46 PM   #36
RJAJ
RJAJ began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
I prefer sleeves than cases. And for the last few ereaders (kindle paperwhite, Kobo Aura one and Forma) I've used the one below from Etsy. The seller is from Seoul, South Korea and I give him the model and he custom makes them for me. I chose a darker exterior and without the logo. Amazing sleeves and very durable. Attached my Forma sleeve that I just received from them in a week. Would recommend and am sure there are other options as well on Etsy for Forma sleeves.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4000346...ray-ebook-case
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2363.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	169930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2365.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	169931   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2369.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	169932  
RJAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:40 AM   #37
Maritimer555
Maritimer555 began at the beginning.

Device: Forma, Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Sony T1 and prs 350
Hi folks.

I just checked on amazon.ca and the recommended case is by kandouren. I use the app so not sure how to paste URL. It’s under $20 CAD and has positive reviews.
Has anyone tried a kandouren case yet?
Maritimer555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #38
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightreader View Post
I bought this one, light weight (157g), good quality, fine leather-like texture, protects the reader all around, reinforced corners, foldable (origami stand), automatic sleep/wake, microfiber inlay in the lid, no chemical odor:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-...955933749.html
Available in 5 colours and 5 patterns, costs less than 10 euro.
How is your cover holding up, after 3 months? I will be receiving a Forma soon and am looking for a cover/case to protect it when it's in my bag/backpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
I must be doing something wrong.

Whenever I search for kobo forma on aliexpress I never find anything.
I might like a cheaper case to take on holiday. I got sun cream on the inside of my h2o case and I'd like to avoid that with the official forma one.
Same with me. When I search in AliExpress for a Kobo Forma product, all I see are Aura stuff.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #39
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritimer555 View Post
Hi folks.

I just checked on amazon.ca and the recommended case is by kandouren. I use the app so not sure how to paste URL. It’s under $20 CAD and has positive reviews.
Has anyone tried a kandouren case yet?
Thanks for the tip.

Here are links to some Kandouren cases for Forma I see on Amazon.ca
https://www.amazon.ca/Cover-Ereader-...dp/B07M5D2JDT/

https://www.amazon.ca/Ereader-Functi.../dp/B07LH4NTPJ
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #40
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I really want a case like this https://www.amazon.com/Mulbess-Stand...?tag=eflyus-20 for the Kobo. I dislike the origami case. I don't like the angle it puts the reader at, and I miss the hand strap.

Add to that, the $50 Kobo-brand case is starting to wear out, since the device routinely gets shoved in my purse.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #41
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
I'm waiting also.

Since the Forma is so thin, I just sat it on top of my laptop in its case.

I've also carried the Forma in my hand when I wasn't encumbered with other things.
hey i saw your comment on moko cases on another thread, so i figure i'd update you directly:

i just received and fitted my forma in:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it's pretty great, very precise fit and every bit of the side paneling is shielded (unlike some other ones where the case tapers), the only thing left exposed is the usb port

it's light, slightly textured, and takes advantage of the sleep cover feature

definitely recommend it

Last edited by rahulm; 05-17-2019 at 11:17 AM.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:02 AM   #42
BilboBaggins
BilboBaggins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Oasis 9th generation
I prefer the Forma sleepcase than the Aura One one, it's an aesthetic matter.
I never use sleepcases for ereader standing, for I usually often read in situations when I have no surface to put ereaders on, as for example in my home to office and viceversa train trips, and for I prefer to use them to protect my ereaders, rather than using screen protectors: the Forma has keys (only) to change pages, the Aura One does not, and for all actions I feel an ereader with a screen protector less responsive than without.
BilboBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote