Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #121
Fedwin
Enthusiast
Fedwin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I uninstalled python and Sigil and deleted every folder left over related to them. I did a fresh install of Sigil 0.8.7 and python 3.43 and get the same result. Where else could beautiful soup be hiding?

I then tried to follow the instructions in Appendix 1. After part A, I got a message that "Requirement already satisfied" and when I tried part B, it says pip is not recognized as an internal or external command.

I no nothing about python and I assume I must have messed something up, but can't find anything else to uninstall or delete to start over. This is very frustrating, since this plugin seems like it would be extremely useful.
Fedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #122
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One thing I feel as I read about this plugin; the name is misleading. It's not really for tidying ePub files; rather, it's for tidying OCR created PDF files.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #123
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
@Fedwin:

[QUOTE=Fedwin;3204078]when I tried part B, it says pip is not recognized as an internal or external command.[QUOTE]

I am not sure why you are getting an error message when you run pip as you got the message "Requirement already satisfied". Has anybody else had problems using this plugin on Windows 64 bit computers?

I will be updating the plugin soon so that it works with Sigil 0.9 without requiring the use of external files - hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Last edited by CalibUser; 11-11-2015 at 02:27 PM.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:27 PM   #124
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
One thing I feel as I read about this plugin; the name is misleading. It's not really for tidying ePub files; rather, it's for tidying OCR created PDF files.
Hmm...it doesn't really tidy PDF files. The plugin tidies ePub files that have been derived from OCR created PDF files.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #125
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalibUser View Post
@Fedwin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedwin View Post
when I tried part B, it says pip is not recognized as an internal or external command.
I am not sure why you are getting an error message when you run pip as you got the message "Requirement already satisfied". Has anybody else had problems using this plugin on Windows 64 bit computers?

I will be updating the plugin soon so that it works with Sigil 0.9 without requiring the use of external files - hopefully this will resolve the problem.
If Python2 is also installed on the same machine and on the path, that's what pip is probably working with. Users should probably use pip3 to install additional modules into their Python3.4 installation. It's likely that Python2.7 is default and Python3.4 (and pip3) is not on the system path.

Many times a user must specifically tell the python installer to add python to the system path -- as it's not configured to do so by default (especially if the installer detects previous Python installation remnants).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #126
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalibUser View Post
Hmm...it doesn't really tidy PDF files. The plugin tidies ePub files that have been derived from OCR created PDF files.
I meant epub files created from OCR'd files.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #127
Fedwin
Enthusiast
Fedwin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Problem solved! Thanks.

When I reinstalled python 3.4.3 again, I ticked the red x to put 3.4 on the path. I had previously not done that, since I had assumed it best not to mess with the default install. Then I was able to install Wheel and Beautiful Soup and now the plugin works.

I used to have python 2.7 on my computer, but uninstalled it when Sigil began using 3.4.
Fedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:38 PM   #128
CalibUser
Addict

I have updated the ePubTidyTool plugin so that it takes advantage of the features in Sigil v0.9.0. The new version appears in the first post in this thread as ePubTidyTool_v0.2.0.0.zip with instructions in the ePub document named ePub tidy tool v0.2.0.0.epub.

The updated version:
  • Takes advantage of the new facilities in Sigil version 0.9.0.0 so that it is no longer necessary to install external libraries eg Beautiful Soup.
  • Enables files for processing to be selected in Sigil before the plugin runs; these files are highlighted in the list in the ePubTidy dialog.

However, I have disabled the ability for CSS files to be installed by this plugin to avoid corruption to ePub books when using Sigil version 0.9.0; this feature will be reinstated when the next version of Sigil is released.

I have left the previous version of the plugin in the first post with its instruction manual for anybody who is continuing to use Sigil version 8.7.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:16 AM   #129
gipsy
Connoisseur
gipsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi CalibUser,
the Use in-build directory is showing the Dictionary dropdown from the Spellcheck Dictionaries?
If yes is not showing the el_GR hunspell that i have there
Or to be more precise, it shows only the default languages of the sigil even if there are not the files there.
gipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:24 AM   #130
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Hi CalibUser,
I wonder if there is a bug with the way the script counts the number of Hyphens removed? I've run the script on a few files and looked at the results window. It almost always reports a large number of Hyphens have been removed.

As a test I took an existing file and removed all but one chapter. I then counted the hyphens with search (29), I then ran the script, it reported 23 had been removed. I then counted the hyphens again and found there were 25.
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:39 PM   #131
CalibUser
Addict

ePub tidy tool version 0.2.0.0.1 available

The plugin has been updated again and includes two new features:
  • The ability to process chapter headings has been extended to include headings that start with either numbers or Roman numerals. Previous versions would only process chapter headings that either included the word Chapter or contained a number only.
  • Support for using a Greek Hunspell dictionary (you will need to install the dictionary files yourself as Sigil does not include them when it is installed).

I have not tested the facility for the Greek dictionary as I cannot read/write Greek texts.

The updated plugin appears in the first post in this thread together with an updated instruction manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyhands View Post
I wonder if there is a bug with the way the script counts the number of Hyphens removed?
Thanks for the bug report; gipsy reported this a while ago and I have not got round to fixing it yet - I have been concentrating on improving features available as this is a minor bug. I will fix this bug in due course!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #132
gipsy
Connoisseur

@CalibUser
At first thanks for your work! I can confirm that it works fine with the Greek Hunspell but...

In the next release fix the * in Greek.
Code:
cbDictChoices=("English (UK)", "English (USA)", "French", "German", "Greek*", "Spanish")
Or add a * to
Code:
		elif prefs['HunspellLanguage']=="Greek":
I had 20minutes to fugure out why it can't find the greek hunspell
Old 11-18-2015, 05:28 AM   #133
gipsy
Connoisseur

If i change the
Code:
#Fixes ώ in words that are misspelled
CorrectText("ώ fixes",r"(\w+)(ιίι|\(ό|ο\)|ίό|ο&gt;|ο'ι|ιό|οί|ιο|οι|&lt;ο|οϊ)(\w+)(?![^<>]*>)(?!.*<body[^>]*>)", IsFixO)
Code:
CorrectText("ώ fixes",r"(\w+|\ )(ιίι|\(ό|ο\)|ίό|ο&gt;|ο'ι|ιό|οί|ιο|οι|&lt;ο|οϊ)(\w+)(?![^<>]*>)(?!.*<body[^>]*>)", IsFixO)
The plugin find and the misspelled character at the start of the word. I tried to and the \(space) and in the second (\w+) but it doesn't find the mispelled character at the end of the word.
For example it works for ιίιστε (the correct word is ώστε) and not for αντιπαρατεθιίι (the correct word is αντιπαρατεθώ)
Any suggestion??

Thanks

Last edited by gipsy; 11-18-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #134
ovinio
ovinio began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR
Is it possible to avoid this?
Code:
  <p><a href="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/">https://www.mobileread.com/forums/</a><br/></p>
changes to
  <p><a href="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/">http:’/www.mobileread.com’forums’</a><br/></p>
Plugin Runner output
Quote:
Changes made
===============
Corrected / with quote mark 4
ovinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:43 PM   #135
CalibUser
Addict

ePubTidyTool_v2.0.0.2 uploaded

Bugs fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipsy View Post
@CalibUser
In the next release fix the * in Greek.
Code:
cbDictChoices=("English (UK)", "English (USA)", "French", "German", "Greek*", "Spanish")
[/code]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyhands View Post
I wonder if there is a bug with the way the script counts the number of Hyphens removed?
Thanks for the bug reports. I have corrected these bugs in ePubTidyTool_v2.0.0.2 in the first post in this thread.

New issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipsy View Post
If i change the
Code:
CorrectText("ώ fixes",r"(\w+)(ιίι|\(ό|ο\)|ίό|ο&gt;|ο'ι|ιό|οί|ιο|οι|&lt;ο|οϊ)(\w+)(?![^<>]*>)(?!.*<body[^>]*>)", IsFixO)
Code:
CorrectText("ώ fixes",r"(\w+|\ )(ιίι|\(ό|ο\)|ίό|ο&gt;|ο'ι|ιό|οί|ιο|οι|&lt;ο|οϊ)(\w+)(?![^<>]*>)(?!.*<body[^>]*>)", IsFixO)
The plugin find and the misspelled character at the start of the word. I tried to and the \(space) and in the second (\w+) but it doesn't find the mispelled character at the end of the word.
For example it works for ιίιστε (the correct word is ώστε) and not for αντιπαρατεθιίι (the correct word is αντιπαρατεθώ)
Any suggestion??

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovinio View Post
Is it possible to avoid this?
Code:
  <p><a href="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/">https://www.mobileread.com/forums/</a><br/></p>
changes to
  <p><a href="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/">http:’/www.mobileread.com’forums’</a><br/></p>
Plugin Runner output
I will look at these new issues over the weekend.