Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Anybody know how to get around "mailer-daemon" failures?

I was kind of asking in my last post, but I figured I'd throw it out there again. I emailed a guy and heard back from him. But then the next two times I emailed him (when I hadn't heard back from him for a while) the emails came back with the "mailer-daemon" failure notices. I really want to get in touch with this guy. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
The devil's in the detail. The specific sorts of error you receive may suggest what's going on, but (assuming the error is coming from the recipient end) your choices generally come down to: retry, find a new address to send to, find some other form of contact (telephone, snail-mail etc.).
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Holy water and a crucifix? Just kidding. Seriously if it is at his end then he might have changed his email or his box might be full or there is something wrong with a node between you and him. I think gmw is right. You might also want to try again. I had a email come back with an error not long ago and sometime after that when I tried again it did get through.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
The devil's in the detail. The specific sorts of error you receive may suggest what's going on, but (assuming the error is coming from the recipient end) your choices generally come down to: retry, find a new address to send to, find some other form of contact (telephone, snail-mail etc.).
thanks gmw. Yeah, through being so focused on on-line stuff I forgot about other avenues. Somebody here got me a lot of good contact stuff so I think I'm in good shape. Appreciate it.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Holy water and a crucifix? Just kidding. Seriously if it is at his end then he might have changed his email or his box might be full or there is something wrong with a node between you and him. I think gmw is right. You might also want to try again. I had a email come back with an error not long ago and sometime after that when I tried again it did get through.
Thanks for the laugh, crich. Yeah, that's good advice too (to try again). Thanks.
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #6
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
It depends on what the error message is. It (the full error message) should provide a reason for the the error, anything from their mailbox is full, to you've been tagged as a spammer. If you provide the full and enter error message then someone can likely help you.

Cheers
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
It depends on what the error message is. It (the full error message) should provide a reason for the the error, anything from their mailbox is full, to you've been tagged as a spammer. If you provide the full and enter error message then someone can likely help you.

Cheers
Thanks animedude. Fortunately I was able (thanks to somebody here) to reach the guy at another email address, but I'll keep your advice handy for the next time this happens. Appreciate it.