Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
So, I just changed my Kindle account from Germany to US and now I'm trying to buy the "Complete Sherlock Holmes Kindle Edition" which supposedly is free at the moment and it says so in the bestseller list.. when I click on it, though, it doesn't give me an option to buy and says "pricing information not available".. does anyone else have that problem?
That means that your store is not switched over. It might also not work from your Kindle. If you see "pricing information not available" in a browser, than you have to wait until your account is switched over to US. You might not even qualify without providing a US-address.

I just bought some of the free sherlock holmes books just to see if it worked - worked just fine. Does the german store not have them for free?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #32
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
I'm talking about this one: http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-S.../dp/B00AHE20W0

It's supposed to be the best one as far as having it work well on an e-reader, and this site says it's free: http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/13/3...herlock-holmes

And it's actually showing as free on my completely separate US-account (which has a US address, I used it to buy two games on amazon.com). I'll try adding a US address to my account though and see if that works. Just gonna use one of a friend of mine

edit: Doesn't appear to have changed anything.. it's my primary address right now and I added my creditcard. The funny thing is that it doesn't even shop up via the search, neither on my kindle nor on my desktop PC. I've got to use the direct link.

Last edited by fauxpas; 12-16-2012 at 05:02 PM.
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #33
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm talking about this one: http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-S.../dp/B00AHE20W0

It's supposed to be the best one as far as having it work well on an e-reader, and this site says it's free: http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/13/3...herlock-holmes

And it's actually showing as free on my completely separate US-account (which has a US address, I used it to buy two games on amazon.com). I'll try adding a US address to my account though and see if that works. Just gonna use one of a friend of mine
Yes, that is one of the ones I tried. It is faily easy to find out if it is your account or the site. Just log out, and then it shows the correct price. If it changes to "pricing information not availlable" while logged in, that means you are not allowed to buy books. For me if I go to amazon.de it also tells me that and that I should buy from amazon.com. Go to german store and if you see prices for Kindle books, then your account is (still) linked to Germany.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #34
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Spoiler:
Well, when I'm on amazon.de it does show prices (although I can't find that particular version either). But it also does so on amazon.com for every other book I could find. Even if I take the exact same url and do nothing but exchange the .com for .de or vice versa, it has prices for both sites, in $ or in €, depending on which site, obviously.

Also, when I'm on amazon.com it says the following:
"Great news! You can now shop for digital content at Amazon.de in Euros. Learn more about transferring to Amazon.de

Have you moved recently? You may change your country on the Manage Your Kindle page."

On amazon.de it says: "Great news! You can now shop for digital content at Amazon.de in Euros. Learn more about transferring to Amazon.de

Have you moved recently? You may change your country on the Manage Your Kindle page."

pseudo-edit:

Just fixed it.. it was behaving strangely (see the spoiler section if you're curious) and the reason was that even though I had moved my account to amazon.com, it didn't move my particular device. Once I did, it worked perfectly fine
Old 12-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #35
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:

Just fixed it.. it was behaving strangely (see the spoiler section if you're curious) and the reason was that even though I had moved my account to amazon.com, it didn't move my particular device. Once I did, it worked perfectly fine
So how did you move the device? I only know of the country setting in the Manage your Kindle section of their site.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #36
fauxpas
Connoisseur

Yup, that's what made it work for me.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #37
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ So,then, how did you change it originally as in the below post? Not from the Manage your Kindle country settings?

Quote:
So, I just changed my Kindle account from Germany to US and now I'm trying to buy the "Complete Sherlock Holmes Kindle Edition" which supposedly is free at the moment and it says so in the bestseller list.. when I click on it, though, it doesn't give me an option to buy and says "pricing information not available".. does anyone else have that problem?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #38
fauxpas
Connoisseur

It offered that to me in the "My Kindle" section as well as when I went to amazon.com and looked at Kindle ebooks.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 AM   #39
DuckieTigger
Wizard

It is one more thing of Amazon. Yes, you can do that, BUT we are only telling you half the truth. Go figure out the rest on your own!