Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
neo314
neo314 began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Thunderbolt, Notion Ink Adam
Unhappy Kindle for android keeps deleting books from device.

I have a rooted android tablet (Notion Ink Adam). Kindle worked great until...

The 3.7 update screwed it up. Suddenly, I can connect to Amazon. I can see my books. I can download the books. They are on my device and stored in the correct file location. I can force close Kindle and open it and the books are still on my device, BUT when I restart the device, it deletes all the books on the device.

I have deregistered, uninstalled, and reinstalled.
I have deregistered, uninstalled, searched the device for all "kindle" files and all "amazon" files and deleted them (using root explorer), and reinstalled.

Nothing works and every copy of Kindle 3.6 I find gives me a "There is a problem parsing the package" message.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or where I can get a valid copy of version 3.6?
neo314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo314 View Post

Nothing works and every copy of Kindle 3.6 I find gives me a "There is a problem parsing the package" message.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or where I can get a valid copy of version 3.6?
Go here at Google Play then click the more button there is a official download link from Amazon to downgrade to 3.6

I too had to downgrade as the new version is seriously messed up but 3.6 runs fine for me.

A note when downgrading. Uninstall the Kindle app then restart your device then install 3.6. That way all left over files are properly deleted.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-16-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
neo314
neo314 began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Thunderbolt, Notion Ink Adam
Thanks for the tip but...

I have had a problem playing videos for a very very long time. I thought it was an issue with my device. I made no connection to this new Kindle issue.

Turns out my sdcard was defective and has been for... I don't know maybe forever.

So far it seems Kindle and videos are working now, but if I find that there is still a problem, this will be helpful info. Hopefully it will help others as well.
neo314 is offline   Reply With Quote