Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
eLit
eLit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Broken links in News "Germany > Spektrum (der Wissenschaft)

Hi,

when downloading and converting to kindle, I find a lot of broken links in the toc.

Does Spektrum (der Wissenschaft) work for you?
eLit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLit View Post
Hi,

when downloading and converting to kindle, I find a lot of broken links in the toc.

I don't use a Kindle but make sure your default Preferred Output format under Preferences - behavior is set to Mobi to get a proper download for your Kindle. Downloading as ePub then converting it loses unique formatting designed for your Kindle.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Do the links work when viewed in the Calibre reader?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
eLit

@dwanthny
my Prefered Output is "Mobi" and the file is automatically sent to my Amazon account.

@Starson17
in the Calibre viewer the toc links are also broken.

Other News feeds are working very well.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
@Starson17
in the Calibre viewer the toc links are also broken.
Then it's a recipe problem. You can edit the recipe to fix it yourself (see the sticky for where to start) or request someone else, such as the author, to fix it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
eLit

thanks - I will do some research

Last edited by eLit; 07-26-2011 at 01:31 PM.