Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Key to Magic -Book II:Magician (Epic Fantasy)

Hi everyone!

I hope all are having a joyous holiday season!

The second book in my epic fantasy series, The Key to Magic, is now out.

Magician is available presently for the Nook (Magician) and Kindle (Magician) at $2.99. It will show up on the iBookstore soon. An .epub should be available on Smashwords within two to three weeks.

The Blurb:

Mar grew up an orphan on the streets of Khalar, doing whatever necessary to survive-- working, begging, stealing. When an insane scrapper led him to an ancient sundered city, he discovered a book of lost knowledge. This book and the scrapper’s eon’s long quest have led him to begin a great journey to rediscover the technology of the ancient world -- magic. When his companions, the young witch Telriy and the enigmatic Waleck, were stolen away by the despised Brotherhood of Phaelle, Mar had to depend on weak and half-understood spells in order fight this new enemy. He has learned to perceive the magical fields that permeate all things. He has learned to manipulate magic to change the physical restrictions of his world. He has crossed a wilderness on a skyraft of his own creation. Now, seeking the lost Telriy and Waleck, he has come to Mhajhkaei, The Greatest City in All the World. But Mhajhkaei is at war. And it is losing.
Rhynedahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have started a promotional giveaway for Magician on LibraryThing.

http://www.librarything.com/er_list....sort=startdate

All the giveaways are listed on one page, so scroll down to find Magician.

Five copies are available and the giveaway ends Feb 5.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Almost finished with the first book, please put the sequel on Smashwords too...?

EDIT: Found and bought it as EPUB on lulu, but I'd still like to see it on Smashwords regardless

Last edited by frostschutz; 02-24-2011 at 08:16 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:08 AM   #4
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur

Smashwords is not my prefered venue, since I have no control over how the book looks.

Hovever, I'll see what I can do in the upcoming week.

Edit: looks like a no go for Smashwords. The .mobi version spit out by their conversion has two fonts and the change is random. This is not a style issue and afaik there is no way to correct the problem. My own .mobi version does not have these errors. I've unpublished Magician from SW since I am certain most readers would find it annoying, to say the least.. If I find any free time in future, I will attempt to determine why these errors occur..

Last edited by Rhynedahll; 02-25-2011 at 05:50 PM.