Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
modkindle
modkindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Emailing books problem?

when I use the calibre connect/share button to email multiple books to my kindle one at a time, only the first one goes through. I have to close calibre and reopen for each subsequent book. Am I the only one with this problem?

running calibre 0.7.34

calibre library stored on dropbox
modkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by modkindle View Post
when I use the calibre connect/share button to email multiple books to my kindle one at a time, only the first one goes through. I have to close calibre and reopen for each subsequent book. Am I the only one with this problem?
Kovid placed a 5 minute delay between emailing books in an effort to get around perceived spam filters at Amazon. This was implemented in the automatic mailing of news feeds and apparently also applies to sequential manual emailing of books too. This also applies no matter who you are mailing to.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-23-2010 at 11:01 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
phead
phead began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Is this a problem sending to amazon, or to gmail? The bugs database suggests its a gmail problem.

If so, I'm wondering if its worth raising a request to make this delay gmail only, as other mail servers won't have a problem with a much shorter delay/no delay.
phead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the delay is only for gmail and hotmail.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
phead
phead began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
cool, thanks
phead is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
MrTissues
MrTissues began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have one suggestion. Amazon lets a user attach up to 25 books to one email when sending. It may be a cool idea to send all of the books selected in one email, rather than separately.

It is kind of stupid for Amazon though. You have to go to your Amazon account and specifically allow all the email addresses you want to be allowed to send books to your Kindle. If I am allowing an address, I do not care how often they send me an email /rant.
MrTissues is offline   Reply With Quote