Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #16
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I think it's the not-to-be-asked-before that's making me a bit vexed.
I think you're overreacting. Why is this annoying you? Most people actually want this as a feature since you did "purchase" that book even though it cost you nothing or are you another person about to complain about Amazon remembering what you've bought :P

Have you tried to log into the Audible site? Currently you have to manage Audible audiobooks from there instead of the main Amazon site. The integration isn't fully complete yet so the management of Audible items needs you to go to the Audible site.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #17
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
I think it showed up, together with ' My first listen' in the archived items on my Kindle, but I didn't and doesn't show up on the Kindle for Mac/iPad, I used to read on before I had my Kindle. Also it is nowhere to be seen on the Manage my Kindle page at amazon.com.
I really had to think a while before I made the link with the free ebook 6 years ago, at the time I bought an iPod.

edit: Kevin, I don't want audible books on my Kindle. I want to get rid of them.

Yeah sorry I realise that, was Hijacking slightly and asking for myself ... Sorry for intrusion / confusion
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #18
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Kevin, no harm done.
I was a bit too vexed about it al (like:how dare they....on MY Kindle ).
Didn't realise I still had an Audibleaccount, even after not buying a thing; so I'll contact them to close that account.
I still don't get how the audibles got on my Kindle without me doing anything, though and why they don't show up anywhere, except on the Kindle. I'm rather intrigued by it now.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #19
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
I still don't get how the audibles got on my Kindle without me doing anything, though and why they don't show up anywhere, except on the Kindle.
As noted earlier, they are not "on" your Kindle, they are available to be downloaded to it as a previous "purchase".

Audible is now Amazon, and they're placing your Audible books in the archive, just as they do your previous purchases. That integration may not (yet) be available for other Kindle software platforms (similar to how newspaper/magazine subscriptions are only currently available on the actual Kindle device, AFAIK).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #20
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
As noted earlier, they are not "on" your Kindle, they are available to be downloaded to it as a previous "purchase".

Audible is now Amazon, and they're placing your Audible books in the archive, just as they do your previous purchases. That integration may not (yet) be available for other Kindle software platforms (similar to how newspaper/magazine subscriptions are only currently available on the actual Kindle device, AFAIK).
Thank you for pointing that out Bwaldron; now I get it. Thanks also Harry and Tiersten for your patience.
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #21
cuteseal
Enthusiast
cuteseal doesn't littercuteseal doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Just wondering - did you sign in to audible, or link it to your amazon account in any way?

I also have an audible account but have no interest in putting audio books on my kindle. Thank goodness they haven't shown up yet.
cuteseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #22
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteseal View Post
Just wondering - did you sign in to audible, or link it to your amazon account in any way?

I also have an audible account but have no interest in putting audio books on my kindle. Thank goodness they haven't shown up yet.
No, didn't sign in on Audible, nor requested it. Didn't realise I had an Audibleaccount, as (after the free book I got 6 years ago) I never bought anything.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #23
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
No, didn't sign in on Audible, nor requested it. Didn't realise I had an Audibleaccount, as (after the free book I got 6 years ago) I never bought anything.
I guess it is understandable that you'd be surprised when a freebie from 6 years ago appears in your archived list and that you can't remove it from the manage my Kindle page. Be thankful it wasn't something embarrassing!
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #24
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
I guess it is understandable that you'd be surprised when a freebie from 6 years ago appears in your archived list and that you can't remove it from the manage my Kindle page. Be thankful it wasn't something embarrassing!
Too true. Anna Karenina from Leo Tolstoj on my Kindle.............make's me look rather intellectual.

Hm....(understand in a way, but still am puzzled about the whole thing).

Last edited by desertblues; 10-17-2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Puzzlement

Tags
audible